rotary convertor from static question again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary convertor from static question again

I have a static convertor as well as a rotary and two invertors with speed control.I have learned from here that my static convertor can be used as a rotay convertor with the aid of a motor sat between the outlet of the convertor and the machine I am using.This static convertor is 7.5 hp quite big what size motor should I use for best results, also second part of the question (just to be quite sure as this is potentially dangerous) do you simply as I have implied wire the motor as if your running it for whatever purpose and then take wires from the motor to a box with an outlet for your machine simple as that? Alistair excuse typing
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

You can read installation instructions at http://www.phase-a-matic.com. Information about idler motor wiring is on pdf for each of their static convertors.

Comment

It is almost that simple, but you DO need to fuse or otherwise protect things, and also make sure that the starting capacitor in the static cannot be re-connected if the voltage sags under load.

That is all gone through in the Phase-a-Matic literature (about all they are good for IMO).

However.........

The static converter is sized for a particular motor. Using it with a smaller HP motor will lead to bad performance, or NO performance.

It is as bad to over-size a static as it is to under-size.

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

thanks guys so I need as big a motor as the static convertor will take.Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
        X