No announcement yet.

DRO Slides and Carts do not Mix Well!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO Slides and Carts do not Mix Well!!

I have a movable cart on which I store my mill accessories (rotary table, clamping sets, etc.) It is just the right size to fit next to the mill. When needed, I roll it out and transfer the stuff between the mill table and cart.

Yesterday I was in a hurry (The biggest killer of anything in my estimation!) and thought that I had moved the cart back to its original storage position. I had not moved it far enough and when I dropped the table, the protective shield on the X axis glass tube caught on the edge of the table. Needless to say, the shield was torn off at one end. Had the cart been about 1/8" closer to the mill table, it would have been the glass tube that was torn off!

Resolved: Make sure cart is fully back in its original storage position and DON'T RUSH!

Bill
    Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

I had a limit switch fail on my cnc mill and ripped two heidenhain scales right off...

The scales themselves are ok but the reader heads are toast.

Comment

Bill, i think we've all "been there and done that" in some form or fashion. Sometimes we escape with minor damage, other times well.......we're not so fortunate.

I think that a very minor scare, about once a year, is good for me. It forces me to slow down, be more safety concious, and aware of what's going on around me.

Note: i said very minor scare.....nothing over a 2 or a 3 on the 1-10 pucker factor scale. I can't stand those 8+ ones anymore. Discharging a .44 Mag pistol in the house ranks right up there too. Plus, it is real difficult to explain to your wife why her new chair is blown all over the den wall. I couldn't hear what she was saying.....just her lips moving and see her red face.....probably best that i couldn't hear anyway.

My hearing returned.....but the silence lasted a looooong time.

Cecil

Comment

Wow, Cecil! That one probably takes the cake. I am sure in my case it would have been two chairs that were ruined...the one that took the hit and the one I was sitting in when the AD happened

Paul
        Paul Carpenter
        Mapleton, IL

Comment

Working...
        X