What Is Santa Bringing You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Santa Bringing You?

So assuming that you have been a good boy/girl, what is Santa bringing you for the HSM shop?

TMT

A new camera, for being a good boy

A new flight bag, for being a good boy

And a ticket to China leaving on Boxing day, for being a bad boy

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I don`t know about being good. But Santa brought me two power feed unites for my mill one for the knee and one for the y axis . Sure was nice of him. And they work good. but like all Chinese tools you have to modify things, not just a quick bolt on as you would think.
      Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
      http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
      http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

If I'm lucky, I'll get about half as much aluminum as one guy around here seems to get. Think I'm gonna look for one of them aluminum trees to grow around here Failing all that, some heat for the shop would be nice.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

A Thermadyne Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185 (Inverter-based TIG). I've been a really good boy
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Well, now

My machine shop buddy has located and purchased a like new, if not unused Sheldon horiz. mill. Gorgeous original condition, even the rubber boots on the universal joints on the table driveshaft are pristene. Since he already has a Adcock and Shipley, the Sheldon will be mine. I will doubtless sometime in the future pay dearly, but there aren't many cherry small horizontals to be had at any price. So while it doesn't exactly qualify as a christmas present, it's pretty close enough for me.

TC

Comment

?????????????

Originally posted by lazlo
              A Thermadyne Thermal Arc Arcmaster 185 (Inverter-based TIG). I've been a really good boy
              Just what sort of "good" were you?

Some of could use that sort of help - we/I(?) sure do need some advice like that!!

Comment

I'm hoping they'll get shipped before Christmas...an older but heavy Wells bandsaw and a cool little German made turret lathe.
                Oh...and a "I hope this helps" T shirt
                Russ
                I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Funny, I'm getting the same machine. With any luck it'll be in my shop mid day on the 17th. Not a pristine example, but it is a well maintained machine. It's an early model with the single t-slot.

Originally posted by Tim Clarke
                  My machine shop buddy has located and purchased a like new, if not unused Sheldon horiz. mill. Gorgeous original condition, even the rubber boots on the universal joints on the table driveshaft are pristene. Since he already has a Adcock and Shipley, the Sheldon will be mine. I will doubtless sometime in the future pay dearly, but there aren't many cherry small horizontals to be had at any price. So while it doesn't exactly qualify as a christmas present, it's pretty close enough for me.

TC
                  Brett Jones...

Comment

I'm still hoping for a pony.

Comment

Nothing.....

I made a heck of a score last month already. Now it is time for the wife and kids.

Oh ya - month of November -
                      14 1/4 x 72 South Bend Lathe in pieces with taper attachment
                      18 Troyke Rotary Table
                      6 cu. ft. vibratory finisher
                      Lapping Machine
                      Johnson 14 x 7 Horizontal Bandsaw
                      10" Bison, 8" Cushman, 6" Pratt Bernard and a couple other chucks I haven't cleaned up yet

and enough tooling to outfit 2 or 3 T&C grinders

I'm sure I missed a few things, but I am still sorting every thing out and cleaning them up

Anyway I just ordered Mama one of those new cool phones that does every thing. Got the boys some new clothes and just need a few toys like a PS-3 to put under the tree now

Comment

I wont get a thing and I wont give a thing, thats how my family does it, but we will feast and im looking forward to that, Im trying to save for a cheap digital camera so I can post a few pics here and sell a few things on e-bay.

Comment

Well Santa is giving me the same beautiful wife he has left off for me for the last twelve years.. And she has given me everything I ever wanted for the rest of the 364 days of the year. Thanks Santa, the gift that keeps on giving. Oh, and she doesn’t even batt an eye when I buy a Monarch in the middle of the year, Christmas or not.. Yup, thanks Santa for my wife.. JRouche
                          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Heck I'd settle for the entire day off work on the 24th lol. Santa came early this year, in the form of three boxes left on my back porch by a friend of mine who I help out on his farm on the weekends in summer. He always tries to pay me, but I will never take anything for it, as it's like a mini vacation to me, so those three boxes contained a fairly large and heavy set of castings for a Tiny Power 109 steam engine. Now that's what I call a friend.
                            Pete

Comment

Santa's bringing this:

http://www.grizzlyimports.com/produc...ght-Hand/G7028

seems to be the tool I use the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X