can't find anywhere that has arbors in stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't find anywhere that has arbors in stock

I need to find a 3 morse taper blank end arbor, does anyone know where i can find on. i originally ordered it from victory tools. but they said it would be a long time before they had them again. any ideas?

Enco and KBC Tools both carry them.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

thanks, i hadn't heard of kbc yet.

Comment

I have had good luck with "travers.com). I used one to build a sb tail stock spindel.
        re
        Herm Williams

Comment

Enco has them? I was looking at Enco for one a while back and didn't find one.
          Russ
          Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
            Enco and KBC Tools both carry them.
            I didn't know Enco carried them either. I bought one several years ago from KBC but, wow was it costly, 42.00. I had some on order from Victor also but they said "sometime after the first of the year", heck that could be summer!!
            Paul in NE Ohio

Comment

I have been getting them from Busy Bee (B461: STUB ARBOR MT 3 X 1") here in Ontario for about $6 - 11. They have a 3/8 -16 drawbar thread.

Perhaps Grizzly has them as they are affiliated. I just checked on the Chronos (UK) site, which I think is a sister company, and they have them under "Soft Blank End Arbor". Their postage is reasonable and delivery is quick (usually).

If you are really stuck then let me know and I can purchase one and send it to you.

Cheers,

Geoff

Comment

LittleMachineShop has the drawbar style:

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...93&category=10

McMaster-Carr has the tang style.

Walt

Comment

Originally posted by PHiers
                  I bought one several years ago from KBC but, wow was it costly, 42.00.
                  The Collis-brand blank Morse arbors are $48.90 for MT3: KBC part number 1-543-67703

But KBC also sells the Chicom Morse blanks for $7.60: the MT3 is KBC part number 1-507-390

Top right of the page:
                  http://www.kbctools.com/usa/Navigati...fm?PDFPage=403
                  "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                    The Collis-brand blank Morse arbors are $48.90 for MT3: KBC part number 1-543-67703

But KBC also sells the Chicom Morse blanks for $7.60: the MT3 is KBC part number 1-507-390

Top right of the page:
                    http://www.kbctools.com/usa/Navigati...fm?PDFPage=403
                    I think the one I bought was the Collis brand. I had a Jacobs headstock chuck from a old Atlas lathe. (1x10 thread). It turned and threaded very nicely, very good finish for the threads. For that project it was well worth the cost but what I am going to use these for Chicom ones are fine.

Thanks for the KBC numbers.
                    Paul in NE Ohio

Comment

Working...
                    X