Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Shop or Machinist Work Shop Mag

Hi guys,

I picked up Machinist Work Shop Magazine at a News Stand. I really didn't know it was associated with this forum until I read closer. Bottom line is, I liked what I read in the Oct/Nov issue. Now I see there is another magazine, Home Shop Machinist. I would like to subscribe to one but I can't afford both.

Would one of you kind fellow explain the difference between the two as I have never seen an issue of Home Shop Machinist. Which one seems to offer more?

Harold
    For those having fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
    Freedom is only one generation away from extinction.

If you ask a few people, you will get a few Different answers.

But really,Each are there own Entities.

Comment

What does one offer that the other doesn't? I assumed they would be different but in what way?

Harold
      For those having fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Comment

There's also Digital Machinist. There's inadequate information on the home page here: http://homeshopmachinist.net/ and also an index search tool that may give you some ideas about what is in each magazine. There's also some back issues for sale.

Comment

HSM Has usually long drug out articles, where MWS is mostly one mag. projects.

Comment

Harold, I subscribe to both magazines and would have a hard time deciding which one to drop if it came to that. The home shop machinist mag has articles for beginers on thru many more experienced machinist articles. The HSM has more pages and more commercial advertising. I personally like the adds, they keep me informed about new products, tools etc. You already have a copy of MW,, so good luck. JIM
            jim

Comment

One does tend to more gun smithy type articles than the other but I can't remember which one I'm sure somebody here knows.
              They also do the live steam magazine/outdoor railroading.
              Glen
              Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
              I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
              All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I'll put forth an effort to obtain a copy of HSM and see how that goes.

Many Thanks,
                Harold

Comment

Working...
                X