Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerfeed Idea

for small milling machine, lathe etc

could be used with a model railway set speed controller to give infinitely variable speed

not this actual one ...too dear
    but there are identical ones available in the uk for

£30

what do you think ......(that's once you've ripped it apart.)

http://www.towsure.com/product/15246-The_PowerJack

all the best.........mark

Power feed idea

Mark,
    probably the simplest and the cheapest idea for a small mill is the windscreen wiper motor which can be found at the rear of most scrap cars.

The idea has been flogged and flogged in the past but maybe readers will have missed out.

Mine is a bit different and came from a motor similar to the Fractmo's.
    I have gutted three of these. Instead of dropping the speed- why they were made- I use them at 2880 rpm to drive my T&C grinders.

Happy New Year or whatever they say in the Principality!

Norman

Comment

Or window regulator motors, or car seat adjuster motors. Pretty much any right angle drive motor will do. Even motor assemblies from cordless drills will do. You could pick up a pair of two speed dewalt motor/gearboxes for the price of one of those jacks:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_dewalt.html

Comment

Power feed idea

Macona- wow! we poor English and Welsh don't run to such luxury.

Winding up car windows- with motors! What next? Adjustable seats? I thought that these were only fitted on military jets. Pull the blind down and kiss your a$$- and off we go into the wild brown yonder.

Comment

Mill/Drill Powerfeed

Nice little project. go for it

I made a powefeed out off an old MIG-welder motor and a PWM-controller last autumn, werry happy with it plenty power and feed from zero to max.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=24990

cranc.

Comment

Originally posted by aviemoron
            Macona- wow! we poor English and Welsh don't run to such luxury.

Winding up car windows- with motors! What next? Adjustable seats? I thought that these were only fitted on military jets. Pull the blind down and kiss your a$$- and off we go into the wild brown yonder.
            Actually is getting hard to find a vehicle that DOESN"T have power windows. I prefer manuals.

They do have plenty of uses in projects, a bit more powerful than you'd expect.

Ken.

Comment

Power feed idea

Just sold my Seat Marbella which is the Spanish version of the Fiat Panda.
              One front wiper, no rear wipe and both windows were bicep builders.
              What more could a body want- and only 9000 km from new.

Or one Skoda Fabia 1.2 litres in a pleasing shade of silver. Two front wipes and one for the rear( oops) and a pair of manuals which needed a pair of Spanish Manuels or Pedalos.

I also have a car with a electric trick roof which folds into the trunk, two electric windows which go up and down like an Italian gigolo and has more Bells and Whistles than a Fairground carousel and wipers that come on when a midge's full urine bag needs emptying but not anywhere near my mill!

Comment

Originally posted by crancshafter
                Nice little project. go for it

I made a powefeed out off an old MIG-welder motor and a PWM-controller last autumn, werry happy with it plenty power and feed from zero to max.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=24990

cranc.
                not my idea its someone else's ..
                Ive just posted it here to see the reaction to it, views etc ...
                i myself have a stack of motors ..wiper motors ...all sorts ..

just wondered thats all .

and to give the idea away to those who don't have access to car breakers.

its an alternative ......maybe expensive ..way of doing it ....to some

or for others it could be just up their street.

all the best.......markj

Comment

I bought a variation of that setup that harbor freight was selling. I was going to use it as a motor to angle the plow on my ATV. Ended up using common plain rope. Works great but looks like I'm riding a horse pulling on the reins

The motor and screw setup are pretty slick for the money. They have two limit switches that could be adapted to various projects. Not sure how mine will end up being used.
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Here too

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                    for small milling machine, lathe etc

could be used with a model railway set speed controller to give infinitely variable speed

not this actual one ...too dear
                    but there are identical ones available in the uk for

£30

what do you think ......(that's once you've ripped it apart.)

http://www.towsure.com/product/15246-The_PowerJack

all the best.........mark
                    Mark.

It's ben here in OZ for a while - at our RACV (Royal Auto Club of Victoria) - a long time ago derivaative of the UK AA.

Cost here is AU$90 which I think translates to UKP36

http://www.racv.com.au/wps/wcm/conne...g+accessories/

Comment

Power feed idea

So Little Britain gets ripped off again with a starting price of £80 and then the controller(?) and then the transformer to knock 250AC to 12v DC.

This may not be the school for wannabe Cost Accountants but with the rise in fuel charges to around £1.09 per litre since Santa came down the chimney.
                      The next is the rise in heating bills which if I am not mistaken will be on a regional basis- and not applied evenly.

OK, don't down the guy as I have been in France over the same period- and doing their rise in prices. Before that, I have had to shake up on HK dollars and Emirates Dirhams!

Now Mark- I haven't gone off your topic. My memory is still doing OK. All the taxis in HongKong are natural gas which was your thing a bit back. For those who are shaking heads on the other side of the pond, your President has told the Motor Manufacturers to improve fuel economy- or else. Didn't miss that either!

And all this malarkey about motor vehicle repairs- and prices.
                      Now, UK repairers/insurers are fitting second hand items from written off cars.

Enough info? I haven't got round to my second morning coffee yet.
                      Oh bugger, and after 35 or so years, Kenya and Mau Mau and KiKuyi are again at logger heads. Second cup of Kenyan coffee before-- the price goes up! Anyone got a spare grenade or three to chuck in caves? What a memory!

Then my E-Mail stuff adds an invite to go this time to BangKok, Singapore, Penang and Phuket. I am very tempted- only about £1000 or so each to be able to shout 'Phuket' at all and sundry.

Comment

Originally posted by aviemoron
                        So Little Britain gets ripped off again with a starting price of £80 and then the controller(?) and then the transformer to knock 250AC to 12v DC.

This may not be the school for wannabe Cost Accountants but with the rise in fuel charges to around £1.09 per litre since Santa came down the chimney.
                        The next is the rise in heating bills which if I am not mistaken will be on a regional basis- and not applied evenly.

OK, don't down the guy as I have been in France over the same period- and doing their rise in prices. Before that, I have had to shake up on HK dollars and Emirates Dirhams!

Now Mark- I haven't gone off your topic. My memory is still doing OK. All the taxis in HongKong are natural gas which was your thing a bit back. For those who are shaking heads on the other side of the pond, your President has told the Motor Manufacturers to improve fuel economy- or else. Didn't miss that either!

And all this malarkey about motor vehicle repairs- and prices.
                        Now, UK repairers/insurers are fitting second hand items from written off cars.

Enough info? I haven't got round to my second morning coffee yet.
                        Oh bugger, and after 35 or so years, Kenya and Mau Mau and KiKuyi are again at logger heads. Second cup of Kenyan coffee before-- the price goes up! Anyone got a spare grenade or three to chuck in caves? What a memory!

Then my E-Mail stuff adds an invite to go this time to BangKok, Singapore, Penang and Phuket. I am very tempted- only about £1000 or so each to be able to shout 'Phuket' at all and sundry.
                        yup this country of ours is turning miserly and miserable .

they tell us all to go LPG ....then they put the price up...

39.9 pence a litre June to 52.9 pence per litre now.

what next this coming year

fuel heating bills to rise by 12.5 percent

rates ?

followed by ...

back to the 70's...

now what do i remember most about the 70's
                        meat pies are sold with 1/4 inch of congealed gravy in them

......that's to make a come-back...the way things are going
                        Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X