Come take a youtube ride on my 97 Roadking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come take a youtube ride on my 97 Roadking

THIS is why I have all my tools, and visit here to learn to do more. Share some good times and bad times, make a few friends. TODAY it is 70s light rain, and yet I still rode my bike. I got a wet arse and a smile on my face, yesterday was a bummer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaS3QFn0Fpk
    I bolted that lil cam corder onto the handlebars. trying to figure a way to put it on a helmet so you can see what I see.

Specs:
    Type: 1997 Harley Davidson police special roadking, black.chrome engine. extras here and there, mild custom.

Paint: Metalmeet & Rookie helped with Learning how to shoot the paint and make it look decent, it is House of Kolor Burple, 4 coats of UC35 clear and some rainbo metalflake in a intercoat of SG100, real subtle dark blue/kameleon flames shot with stencils and air brush.

Engine: K&N air cleaner element, Andrews cam, adjustable pushrods, Porker full length dual pipes (noise out the back)

Suspension: stock air ride, whoo hoo... like a cloud baby..

Brakes: composite pads on stock drilled rotors, dual discs in front. Factory calipers.

Transmission.. five speed stock HD w.belt drive output, chain primary, Gates final belt on stock pulleys.

Was white like a refrigarator:

I liked this color, will be different next year.

I have the metalshaping hobby to further my hotrod-motorcycle hobby. I'd like to see some experts who take painting as BORING post some how to's for all us less qualified paint squirters. IF you have a better paint than I am using, please share your experiences and knowledge.

(also posted over on metalmeet).. Ya come over there and visit a spell.. They have a chat forum to clean up non-topic posts.
    Excuse me, I farted.

I'd go with ya on your ride but I'm on dial up.
    73 here yesterday and rode the Buell, today 42 and rain

Comment

J: you are the last person in America with dialup..

got a good helmet mount for a polaroid camcorder, about the size of a pack of cigarettes? It has a fold out viewer on one side, a 1/4 stud mount. I made a deal on a beam clamp to go onto my helmet but it hurt my head.. if I'd fell with it on, significantly lower my chances of just being pissed off.

I think part of the experience is looking around at the deer I went past at 70, seeing in the cars, smelling the skunks, seeing the terrain reflected in the chrome.. the smell, the wind, the adrenalin.

No buell wheelies for you today..
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I was also the last person to get a PC.
        Wheelies are far and few between anymore,mostly watch the squids
        in town do the stunts,what few of them are left.
        Age and grandkids has mellowed me,I just ride spiritedly now and not stupid.

Comment

Sounds like you might get a head-ache driving around with that thing...

which is exactly how you know you're driving a kick-a** vehicle! Nice paint job, looks like a real beauty. Neat to see such a personalized bike when there are so many baby-boomers buying bikes from Harley and souping them up with cheap snap-on or stick on chrome pieces.

Comment

double yellow lines means no parking in our country !!

all the best.mark

Comment

Hey Dave don't drive on the wrong side of the roadAlistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Very nice Dave. I bet that ride was as smooth as glass. It looked that way anyway.

Comment

Actually I've had a pretty good day.

Alistair.. I gotta drive on that side, all these crazy drivers drive on the other one.. I really don't care which side as long as I have three feet to put it through.

Two people told me on the phone they enjoyed it.. so I guess it was worth while.. it'd been more fun with the camera mounted on my helmet... I NEED A IDEA.. HOW to make a mount that is not terminal? plastic?
                  Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer
                    Actually I've had a pretty good day.

Alistair.. I gotta drive on that side, all these crazy drivers drive on the other one.. I really don't care which side as long as I have three feet to put it through.

Two people told me on the phone they enjoyed it.. so I guess it was worth while.. it'd been more fun with the camera mounted on my helmet... I NEED A IDEA.. HOW to make a mount that is not terminal? plastic?
                    Once you consider that no matter how the mount is made, it will look silly, you can take the next step and just duct tape it to the helmet.

Cheers,

BW
                    ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
                    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
                    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

That road is too Straight for me ,,need some curves.
                      Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
                      http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
                      http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

Lane:

You know big hogs wallow in corners.. I keep pressing my nose to the Suzuki dealerships window.

I've not got a ride on a hayabusa yet.

Somebody warned them about me wanting a test ride. Probably my wife. Or the sheriff?
                        Think I'll go down there in with 100's hangin out of my pockets. With my bad back thou, that would be a ten minute at a time ride. I bet that ten minutes would be enough to do me for days.

The one big suzuki that has the odd paintjob, twin nitrous bottles, got bought out of impound.. I was so angry.. I was ready to attend that sheriffs auction.
                        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Thanks.

I enjoyed that ride Dave and Lane is correct, not enough curves .
                          I think that if you mount that camera on your lid you will get too much panning(?) with head movement. Maybe a motorised or manual camera mount on the bars? And some fur over the mic would help. I have the same noise problem on film of a road trip to the Magog show down in the Naki some years back. I forgot about wind noise at speed. It caught the expletives clearly when we encountered a car in the single lane tunnel part way the Awakino Gorge though.
                          Last edited by speedy; 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM.
                          Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer
                            J: you are the last person in America with dialup..
                            Well, ..... not quite.

Comment

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa, pulled down with straps, aftermarket pipe and Dynojet Power Commander, 91 octane pump gas, tested at 202mph. Just what you need Dave.
                              "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

Working...
                              X