Machinery's Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machinery's Handbook

I bid and won the auction of a good condition 1964 edition of the Machinery's Handbook and the seller is in Pennsylvania. So the shipping won't be real heavy duty for this heavy book.

Yeaa!!!!

Jerry

I paid $20.50 for the book, $3.50 cents for the postage and $1.30 for the insurance.

A well, spent $25.30, I would say.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry,

That was a considerable savings over a new one. MSC has the 26th edition on sale right now for $68.99, regular price is $85.00. I have a 16th edition that was published in 1962 and a 19th edition that is dated 1971. Most anything that I need is in those earlier editions. I don't know what kind of new information has been included in the later editions but for us home shop guys that are working with simple conventional machines it may not be information we need to know.

I have a book titled "Machinists' Ready Reference" from Prakken Publications - Ann Arbor, Michigan. I refer to it for basic information more often than refering to The Machinerys Handbook. It is spiral bound and about 5/8" thick and has all the basic information well organized and easy to read. If you can find one it is well worth having in your shop.

Bernard

Comment

I just ordered that book from eBay's Half.com. It's $12.79 total.

Many thanks,

Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X