Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think WE have too much time on our hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think WE have too much time on our hands.

This one has to take the cake for taking the long way round. The big question though is why is he trying to get a stout *that* cold, should be served at 'cellar' temp.

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

-Dave

Dear Dave,
    That form of Guiness comes with a special delivery system to approximate draught guiness. I beleive there is a small container of some gas or other which automatically releases inside when you pop the can. If you don't really chill it down, when you open the can you loose most of your guiness in the spray that follows.
    Richard in Los Angeles

Comment

Dave O: any one who is hunting for USA beer as pot at end of rainbow should be suspected of not knowing beer!

Best beer chiller is a CO2 fire extinguisher. Was in an A bomb test back in 1952/53. We staged bunch of radar, communications vans to se ifthey survived at certain distances. I stole the CO2 jugs, one shot and bottle was frozen!..
      Just up end the bottle or can in the funnel and let it pop. Real good in the Nevada desert.
      Steve

Comment

For any of you who've never heard of it, look up "Rube Goldberg cartoons" on your favorite search engine. This beer cooleris very similar to the type of inventions that Rube used to come up with.
        For you guys on the other side (You probably already know this), a "Rube Goldberg' is now American slang for an device that does a simple thing in an inordinately complex manner. Kind of like my ex-wife, now that I think of it, but, I digress...

Comment

Here's another way http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~arnesen/pel...r/testing.html

Comment

What Steve said - faster too.

That first link demonstrates the type of jet engine I was refering to - made from a common turbocharger. Propane tank is too weenie though - 1 100Lb.er's is just about right...

Comment

Maybe I should have posed the question "What's the silliest way to chill beer you've heard of?" and been done with it. Who'd have thought it would turn to this so soon?

My Dad was a Hump pilot in WWII. Air base was on the hot planes of India. Any extra room in the plane got taken up with beer. A qick trip over the Himalayas to China and back...Voila! Cold Cervesa!

-Dave

Comment

The guy is obviously a first class genius - combining humor and engineering in such a clever way.

And entirely too much time on his hands! Perhaps NASA could use him. He certainly couldn't so any worse than the s..t heads they've got. Telescopes with the wrong optics, seals that they know don't work, and "glued on" heat tiles with seams between them to keep out super hot reentry gasses. Oh, and give the job to the lowest bidder, not the best suited.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Dave:

Cold cervesa IF it got back.....they dropped plenty into the hills and on takeoff due to too much o something inside......

Comment

Yea, lucky he made it through otherwise I wouldn't be here Had some good stories to tell about hauling fuel and explosives with St. Elmo's Fire dancing over the plane. Said some of the mountains looked silver from a distance due to the acumulation of aluminium.

Still, better than what he was first suposed to do, flying Dumbos.

-Dave

Comment

This sounds like something the crew at my campground might come up with on a lazy weekend.

We came up with a great beer cooler once, had to do with funnelling the air from an air conditioner through the bottom a five gallon bucket of water by way of a dryer vent hose. Lots of duct tape, probably about $15.00 in electricity (hey the ice machine was broken). Worked fairly well, probably seemed better since we had consumed at least some of the beer prior to this experiment....
                      CCBW, MAH

Comment

I rented a car in Singapore that was airconditioned. Evaporator munted in the trunk and a little box as a reefer. Cooled beer , water, wine and cheese the whole trip.

Hit Malaysia, the writing looked like worms, worse than chinese. Go into a local restaurant, see what they were eating and pick out the best looking item on a table and make sighns that we wanted that. When it was too spooky, went to car and had a road side picnic. Wonderful trip, with wife of about 6 months who was from South Dakota, and was as lost i as I.

More than one way to cool a beer!
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X