• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaper vise on e-bay

Hello just found a shaper vise on e-bay #290201015188

6" by 5 3/8' jaw with 4 3/4 center mounting holes

Larry don't fight boys!!!!!

Nah, here's a shaper vice that I was in on but not willing to give up the family farm to own!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

YOD, That is a Rotary table,But I have seen a South Bend version go for $450 on a buy it now.

Comment

Isn't it a rotary table for a shaper? I googled it before getting interested in it and found pictures of it bolted to an atlas shaper table. I'll see if I can find the images again.

edited: here you go, it was in the ad.

the ad went on to say "The right picture shows it in the stored position bolted to the side."
        Last edited by Your Old Dog; 01-24-2008, 07:24 AM.
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I bid on that Atlas rotary table last night YOD, but dropped out at $200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110215518460

It's a pretty crappy rotab with no indexing. For that price I'd rather buy a little Vertex rotab with the sector plates.
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
            I bid on that Atlas rotary table last night YOD, but dropped out at $200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110215518460

It's a pretty crappy rotab with no indexing. For that price I'd rather buy a little Vertex rotab with the sector plates.
            Did you read the entire ad through? I thought he said it was in new condition with crisp index marks? I petered out at $160 but now that I know you're looking too, I'll have to cash in some of the pop bottles I been saving I was going to wait till the deposite fee doubled and then sell off. This could get ug-ly !
            Last edited by Your Old Dog; 01-24-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
              Did you read the entire ad through? I thought he said it was in new condition with crisp index marks?
              Right, it was in new condition. What I meant was that the Atlas rotab itself was a pretty primitive design. Unless you're an Atlas collector, I'd rather spend the $240 on a "real" rotab with a crank, sector arm, and dividing plates.

Same deal with the Atlas dividing head that they made for this shaper: it's really basic, but sells for hundreds of dollars for the collector's value. For a lot less $$$ you can mount a little Hardinge 5C indexer...
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Nah, here's a shaper vice that I was in on but not willing to give up the family farm to own!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

You wrote this did you not?

Then I wrote this.....

"YOD, That is a Rotary table,But I have seen a South Bend version go for $450 on a buy it now."

Comment

I'll be putting a nice Logan shaper vise on ebay next week.......unless someone wants to offer me lots of money first.....

Comment

No Comment,yod?

Comment

Well Wolfie, let me try to answer you with all the sincerity, compassion and devotion to pen that I can muster. (I'm going to reserve shipping out the flying fickel finger of fate for a later round should it become necessary !)

Here it is:

"Yes, I wrote that, as any fool can plainly see"

I was having a very rare off day. You ever have one of those?

I thought a rotab for a shaper might have different qualities like a lower profile. Now am thinking they may not.
                      Last edited by Your Old Dog; 01-25-2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I thought a rotab for a shaper might have different qualities like a lower profile. Now am thinking they may not.
                        The Atlas shaper vise is definitely very low profile, but like you say, the Atlas rotab doesn't seem particularly low-profile.

I was wondering about the NOS Atlas rotab in the auction you posted not having a handle, but I checked the Atlas catalog, and it didn't come with a handle/crank (?) -- they show the operator using an adjustable wrench. Hmmm.

Comment

Hard to call it a rotary table, at least in the usual sense. It doesn't have any gearing to rotate it, it's more of an indexing table. There are holes every 30 degrees around the outside edge, a pin drops into these. There are also degree markings and two bolts through the bottom to lock the table at any arbitrary position. On the whole, probably of more interest to collectors, especially given the price they go for.

Joe

Comment

"I was having a very rare off day. You ever have one of those?"

The rare ones are are your ON days. Finger away.

Comment

Rotary table

I have a Rotary table just like that. It is a lower profile then
                              the Atlas shaper vice. If I take the Atlas shaper vice off it
                              Last edited by Tinker2; 01-25-2008, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X