My score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My score

Son-in-law calls me and ask if I want two small cnc trainers. Said they small and not worth much. Sure bring them over, I like tearing thing apart anyway. Here what I got for FREE. 2Dyna Myte 2400 with a box of collets

One works, other one I had to take parts off to make the other one to work. He even brought them over with help to carry them into the shop.

So was this part of the bride-price?

Mucho better than cattle!

Comment

Free CNC

I could easily learn to hate you !

great score !

Lenord

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by jim_geib
          Said they small and not worth much.
          He obviously hasn't checked ebay lately.

HTRN
          EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

You can't just take that for nothing,It Is unethical, Immoral, its cheating your son in law.
            You should donate them to some Charity according to some.
            I say good score.

Comment

I agree with the Wolf this is outrageous you should donate immediately to a good cause.Alistair

p.s one to me and the other to Wolfie
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

How the hell you gonna sleep at night? And you know it too. Looks like you were trembling in guilt from the looks of the picture you put up there!
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                  How the hell you gonna sleep at night? And you know it too. Looks like you were trembling in guilt from the looks of the picture you put up there!
                  I told him that they might be worth more than what he thinks. He said it was a toy.

I might sell the working one to get bigger steppers and Gecko's to convert it to Mach3.

Comment

Disgusting.

Comment

You dont want those pieces of crap.

I will take them off your hands free of charge provided you pay shipping.

Comment

Why bigger steppers? Stepper size does not have a direct correlation to performance.

Comment

Originally posted by macona
                          Why bigger steppers? Stepper size does not have a direct correlation to performance.
                          The steppers are geared 10:1 now, the stepper has the pinnion cut right in the shaft and the gear on the lead screw is plastic. Two of them were broken, they have about 20 in/min feed. I will go bigger steppers and direct connect them to the lead screws. Besides bigger's better every time.

Comment

WOW That is what dreams are made of ... looks like they are in pretty decent shape considering the cost

Tell your SIL that you will take him out to dinner sometime for the machines ... a nice fancy place like pizza-hut

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack
                              Tell your SIL that you will take him out to dinner sometime for the machines ... a nice fancy place like pizza-hut

Old math as follows

Cost to raise daughter= ~$350000
                              Value of 2 CNC mills = ~$13000

Son-in-law still owes ~$337000 +/- a couple of grand kids

Follows from the rule "You can marry them, but they will always be daddy's little girl"

Comment

Working...
                              X