My little score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little score

I know some of the members have been showing off the items that they have acquired for free or on the cheap, and we all drool over them, but I finally got a score, even if it is a little one. I picked up a power feed unit, always wanted one but couldn't justify the cost, for my mill/drill (RF30) that was almost unused and has been sitting on a shelf for at least 12 years, for free, and also a set of MT3 drawn-in collets, 1/8 to 3/4 by 1/6th's that I can use on my lathes (brand new in the boxes) also free. Ok now, can somebody give me an attaboy or drool or something!
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

attaboy

Comment

Atta boy! Congrats! Feels great doesn't it!

Sad to say, but I always get a rush on getting a "score", even when I've spent so much time looking that I would been ahead working for $5 an hour and buying at retail, then of course I still have to clean and maybe repair it in the "bargain". ...
      Russ
      Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

It's a bug- hard to leave it alone. There's a liquidation store too near me and they have a lot of radio shack stock there. Lately the bins have been marked 50 cents, anything in these bins. I just came home with more crap, uh I mean stuff I need. 12v, 1.5 amp ac adapters- miniature toggle switches, all kinds of switches actually- a couple of switchmode adapters, 110 to 220 converters, 220 to 110 converters- can't remember what I got there last week. I picked up some bnc to 255U adapters which it turns out are the perfect source of banana-like connectors. I do have to do some homework on these though to make them do what I want, but that saves me from the expense of finding something decent elsewhere.

Often enough I'm stimulated to do a project because of some material or assembly I find that makes a good starting point.

Oh, and for the electric car, I got some dc motors, 2 for a dollar. Heck, you can darn near see them- about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch diameter.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Whoop tee Do.

Comment

Just goes to prove the notion that if you want something long enough it usually gravitates it's way to you! Corngrats!
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

All youve got to do now is use them, I gather the previuos owner did not have much use for them!!!
              Go to it!!
              Peter
              I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

They are already in use, the previous owner got rid of the mill/drill years ago and these parts were sitting on the shelf, forgotten. To bad eh!!!
                The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Bump to add my score tonight.

No Photos yet but Its a Acu pro or some such Chinese copy of a Bridgy Head, 2hp 3ph. The nod knuckle didn't come with it, darn it.

$100.00

I plan to rig up something for my cincinatti #1 horizonal mill.

Comment

Working...
                  X