Hyster forklift manual needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyster forklift manual needed

If anyone would happen to have a copy of the shop manual on a Hyster model#H-50J I would gladly pay for a copy any help would be appreciated.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a copy? http://www.hyster.com/

There's someone selling CD-Roms of Hyster forklifts on eBay pretty cheaply as well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11770

Personally, based on my experience with Hyster's I'd say you're better off cutting the thing up for scrap.

------------------

Comment

Hey at least it ain't a Clark No not scrap to new and works to good,brakes are shot but I did find parts cheap,I looked into the Ebay guy earlier lots of lifts but not mine also lots of military units.Hyster is like Gardner Denver they don't turn loose of their books.But thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

I had a 5000lb. Cat that the continental flathead (propane!) started to piss anti-freeze all over the shop. When they fixed the engine they damaged the rad. Some knob welded the rad brackets on the wrong side of the rad and the endbell (counterweight) had to be removed. Cat wanted $1500 just for a rad, a local forklift dealer (not Cat) fixed the rad for $129, the labour was $1500 to fix the brackets...

I just thought I would make you feel better about your Hyster!

Comment

I think i have a parts manual. I have a 5000 pound hyster but it is and older model i think 80"s. I will check tomorrow to see what models it is good for.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
            I had a 5000lb. Cat that the continental flathead (propane!) started to piss anti-freeze all over the shop. When they fixed the engine they damaged the rad. Some knob welded the rad brackets on the wrong side of the rad and the endbell (counterweight) had to be removed. Cat wanted $1500 just for a rad, a local forklift dealer (not Cat) fixed the rad for $129, the labour was $1500 to fix the brackets...

I just thought I would make you feel better about your Hyster!
            </font>
            Ya know, Thrud that's the same engine they had in Kaiser-Frazers. Oh, and I kinda work for Cat at the moment, and there's a reason that stuff is so expensive from them! (And it ain't "quality," brother, let me tell you that!)

------------------

Comment

Yeah, at least it's not a Clark. I'd rather slam my wienie in a sliding glass door than to work on a Clark gas truck. It's not by any chance a Monotrol is it? Boy, those can be interesting to drive, the first time.

Comment

jaymo.. yeah.. take the other foot off the brake.. I drove one for a while with a manbasket on it.. jerk.. take foot off brake.. jerk.. not a happy electrician in the ceiling..

Comment

Yes it is a monotrol,but mine actually works,Clarks I have a special place in hell for their generators,yes thats right generators,last one I worked on was an 1987 model,and believe it or not it still had a stupid generator,the reason being is that the generator is belt driven by three belts no less,it also has the hydr. pump and the power steering pump mounted on the back of it.Well it realy sucks because after about two weeks of operation the seals start to leak and geuss where the oil goes?yep you geussed it right into the brushes The next failure was the pulley its self,like I said three groove about 2.125"odx7/8"bore with a little key,Clark said they wanted $294.00!I said bull s..t!and turned my own out of steel$15.00much better anyway,like you said Thrud,I ain't bitter though The Hyster I have is I think a 86'model everything is straight foward except for the brake system it is kind of perverse thats the reason for me wanting the manual.Craperpillar made to many units with that sick little pig motor and a tranny that had way to many check valves and safty switches,we had one on a loading dock once,everyday it seemed it was sick,finally one day the forman had an accident,the brakes failed! and he barely escaped it before it drove off the loading dock You wouldn't think that a little 5,000lb machine would make a hole that big,but like they said whoda thunk it?

Comment

Working...
                  X