ebay find you might be interested in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay find you might be interested in.

I just bought one of these speed/feed calculators for $9.00 . Looks like they might be convienant for some of us rookies. He says he has 9 of them when I bought mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Machinists-Speed...QQcmdZViewItem
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

I got one a while back. I've got to where I tend to just go by gut impression, but when things don't work, I pull out the card (or calculator) to see what I messed up.
    Russ
    Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

YOD -

Thanks, indeed! One for me and one for my TechShop pal, Lloyd, who's always having to help beginners figure this stuff.
      Cheers,

Frank Ford
      HomeShopTech

Comment

LOL... I was about to buy one (three left now) but when I went to look at it, I remembered I had one in my drawer. ... Somewhere.

Comment

A tool salesman from kennametal gave me one basicaly like that a few years back.

hit those salesman up for freebees anytime you can.

Comment

Boy, $9 seems a bit pricy. They probably gave them away to customers. I have several similar calculators for electronics and I got them free.

Basically it's just a set of tables in a compact form. You could make your own table with Excel.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
              Boy, $9 seems a bit pricy. They probably gave them away to customers. I have several similar calculators for electronics and I got them free.

Basically it's just a set of tables in a compact form. You could make your own table with Excel.
              There's probably some truth in Paul but I would have given $20 for the convenience! Based on that, I probably should go back and buy another!

edited to add: Don't bother looking. He must have sold them all. I went back for another in case the bicycle I ride from one end of my shop to the other gets a flat tire!
              Last edited by Your Old Dog; 02-12-2008, 07:00 AM.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Feed & Speed Calculator

In a book I found a table that lists feed and speed for many different materials and many cutting tools. I copied and enlarges the table and put it in a plastic sheet protector and have copies on the walls by my lathe and mill. Ver convient when needed.

Bill
                Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Asphalt, Concrete and now Speeds & Feeds.

Excellent addition to my high-tech calculators!

Thanks for the heads-up, Dog.
                  Len

Comment

I went and looked the frist day I saw it on here, They were gone then.....

Comment

Appearently, he found a new stash. He listed 10 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230222420038

Comment

Working...
                      X