Watch out for CNCBridgeport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for CNCBridgeport

One of those Ebay sellers you just walk away shaking your head.

I order 50 inserts, Valenite SD 323 and she sends me 9 ea SD 323 and 34 ea SN 322. Like I’m not going to notice the difference. The SN inserts don’t have a hole for the mounting screw.

Any way So I write and write and never receive an answer. I contact Ebay, and they are not going to do any thing about it, so finally I leave a negative feed back. Of course she leave one for me too, but says she has refunded the money.

I wait a couple more days, nothing, so I then open a Paypal dispute.

Obviously Ebay doesn’t care the outcome, just that they get their cut of the money. CNCBridgeport has filed a “Mutual Negative Feedback Request” but has never returned an email to me.

It is probably a man doing the trading but the Paypal account has a woman's name on it. So this guy is probablyin trouble with the IRS or Child Support as well

Joe,
    How much did your items (bad feedback) cost you?
    Some hills just aren't worth climbing.
    Kap

Comment

eBay has long been extremely seller-sided because that's who pays the bills.

Recently, they say they're going to start treating buyers better. For example, supposedly sellers are going to lose the ability to lose feedback, so the mutual negative feedback goes away.

They also have a more detailed way of rating sellers.

If that's true, it will be a welcome sign and it will give sellers like CNCBridgeport a much harder time staying in business.

I don't know if it's related, but I've recently noted sellers I buy from are doing more for me. I had two of them give partial refunds and combine shipping without my even asking. I even got a free gift in the box from 800Watt (who, BTW, has always done well by me).

Best,

BW
      ---------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnccookbook.com/index.htm
      Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
      http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Comment

I dunno about those new seller ratings .... doesn't seem like much to me.

I just got a bit screwed on the old "Shipping Charge", the ad said "$10.75 Flat Rate Shipping", then item arrived in small pouch (not flat rate box) with shipping tag of $4.88.

I asked the seller to please refund the excess shipping charge of $6.07. No response from seller & I'm not holding my breath waiting on that one.

Comment

That is why they have a breakdown on sellers feedback.
          IE,"was the item shipped reasonably"

Comment

Good luck on the flat rate thing. I don't know that anyone is obligated to use a USPS flat rate box under those circumstances. If the guy merely states that the rate he is charging for shipping is the same no matter where you live then I think its probably correct language to refer to that as flat rate shipping. Flat rate is not always a "proper noun" referring to that service from the USPS.

Paul
            Paul Carpenter
            Mapleton, IL

Comment

I have bought from CNCBridgeport with no issues FWIW.

Comment

brockley1

I have to concur, 800Watt is a super ebayer, bought lots from them and always first class.
                The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Been having a few problems with Inserts lately.

One guy sold me some inserts which were marked wrong on the out side of the box. It was only 10 inserts I paid $15 for and once we talked on the phone he agreed to refund the $15. Did even want them back but I sent them any way. It was an honest mistake and the guy was very honest.

But these were marked on the boxes correctly. A little faded but you could read them clearly, and they just sent them any way knowing full well they weren’t what they advertised.

What bugs me I guess is CNCBridgeport simply refuses to reply to my emails. In fact the only form of communication he offered was to leave me a negative feedback. The kicker of course in the negative feedback he says he has refunded the money. Would be nice to see it but I doubt he send it willingly.

The guy is a jerk

Comment

If you don't get any joy from paypal, simply call your credit card company and challenge the charge. Be able to document your side of the story. Paypal does not want reversals coming back on them.

Comment

cncbridgeport is suspected of being the infamous "Al Babin". Google that string in groups for a complete rundown, there used to be a game of "spot the Babin" for his ditching any ID with significant negative feedback (and burning the last batch of 25-50 customers completely) before assuming a new ID. The trick was to ID him before getting burned.

Comment

Feedback Changes: (Coming Soon)
                        Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.
                        • Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
                        • Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.
                        • Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

Comment

Like anything, there are con artists and shills all over.
                          eBay will wake up one day , when there customer base evaporates to a new site.
                          I have had similar problems. For 85 $ , I bought a dozen brand new "Boxed" endmills of Fowler make (Japanese). I get the dozen and one is a Fowler (the one photographed of course !) and the others are unmarked in Fowler boxes. Seller denies all Knowledge..ect...ect.. chinese/polish/india ?

Buyer beware, when the prices fall ( they are two high )and buyers become scarce, than you will get action. but as long as every one is in a frenzy. grin and don't pay too much !
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by BobWarfield
                            eBay has long been extremely seller-sided because that's who pays the bills.

Recently, they say they're going to start treating buyers better. For example, supposedly sellers are going to lose the ability to lose feedback, so the mutual negative feedback goes away.

They also have a more detailed way of rating sellers.

If that's true, it will be a welcome sign and it will give sellers like CNCBridgeport a much harder time staying in business.

I don't know if it's related, but I've recently noted sellers I buy from are doing more for me. I had two of them give partial refunds and combine shipping without my even asking. I even got a free gift in the box from 800Watt (who, BTW, has always done well by me).

Best,

BW
                            Bob, Don't know about Ebay US compared to Ebay UK if their policies are the same but it going the wrong way.

Ower Gert and my daughter run an Ebay shop as many know and are rated as power sellers with a decent feedback.
                            Ebay has now started charging fees based on those 5 answers you give about shipping, postal charges etc and to stay in the game you have to maintain a 4.6 out of 5 I think, but it is 4.6

At the moment they are holding 4.6 and doing the best they can, they can't do better.
                            They pay extra for smart stamp which means you can stamp your own parcels and they pay £250, about $500 per year for the post office to collect the parcels and mail at about 3:00 pm every day to hit deadlines.

What happens is some guy buys a widget and pays by cheque even though it says goods dispatched after cheque is cleared.
                            So it takes two days for them to get the cheque, banked same day and 5 days to clear [ working remember ] 1 day to ship.
                            So this widget can take a minimum of 7 days and a maximun of 9 or 10 depending on how fast he sends the cheque and weekends etc.

So after 9 days of waiting he gives a poor for delivery, result is the rating drops below 4.6 and all the charges go up, not just on this item but everything.

Ebay UK has an active forum for members that my daughter keeps in touch with, many power sellers including the UK's No 1 have contacted Ebay and complained with no avail, lets face it, it's a business to make money. Many have now left Ebay including their number 1 seller and my wife and daughter are in the process of doing so and transferring sales to a web based site where they alone are responsible for costs.

So there are two sides to the coin when people say the buyers will get a better deal but many good sellers are leaving so what will there be to buy ?

Last edited by John Stevenson; 02-14-2008, 05:08 AM.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Sir John is right on. I have been on eBay for several years, Power Seller with 100% positive feedback and approaching 4000 sales.

I do hold shipping for 7-10 days on a check, but ship within 2 business days on a money order or PayPal. My "stars" ratings, for no reason that I can determine, have all been at 4.7 & 4.8 since the inception of the system. I have no idea who has claimed a problem or why, yet they will be used to determine my payout.

With the new system, in certain cases, unless I have posted Positive Feedback (can't leave negative remember) within two days of the buyer paying, PayPal will hold my funds for up to 21 days. I always leave feedback, usually a week or so after shipping to make sure the customer has received and is satisfied. That way problems can be resolved. I only leave negative feedback for a non-paying bidder, and never leave neutral feedback.

I hear lots of complaints that eBay is seller centered. These are from buyers of course. Many sellers have very different opinions, and unless you are in the position of some of us who strive to do a good job and depend on eBay for a sizeable portion of their income, you will not understand this. Believe me, there are just as many dirtballs and schemers intent on beating the seller out of his money as there are sellers doing the same to their buyers.

eBay started as an auction site, and created the genre. It was a good idea, and worked well. They have since become more directed toward the fixed price sales and stores even though a large portion of their base prefers the auction format. This latest dumping of the customers hopefully will result in the emergence of a new auction site that will return to the pure auction style. If such a site does open, there will be a mass migration of sellers, and eBay can continue its morph to Amazon.
                              Jim H.

Comment

Working...
                              X