Air Boat Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Boat Brakes?

My friend bought a New air boat. 350 chevy 330 horsepower rig, Nice. Now the funny part is when he was driving it down a snow and ice covered hill (shouldnt do that with a polymer coated hull in the winter) it gets out of shape bad. I suggested to him a type of brake operated from two foot pedals one for each back side of the hull. Any ideas guys would be much appreciated. thanx mike

If I remember my pre-teen go-cart days, it would have somthing to do with a long stick and a nail...............
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mike.. build him an anchor with a short chain. Give him a helmet too. You don't want that anchor to flip back in the boat and bash you in the back of the head.
      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Hmm. Wouldn't you think an air boat would have air brakes?
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Reverse thrusters.
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Reversible pitch prop.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Ejector seat
              All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

First Aid Kit?
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Put wings on it and he could fly over obsticles.

A fan in front and a fan behind, never know which way the air boat gwian.

(modified portion of "Long Gone Lost John")
                  It's only ink and paper

Comment

Anybody try looking it up?

Do Airboats have brakes? Brakes not included on a standard airboat. They are more common on airboats used on ice and consist of a hinged metal plate on the transom that flips down to increase drag. In the water, an airboat slows down rather fast when you back off the power and drop off plane.

http://www.americanairboats.com/ab-FAQ.htm

Comment

Oceanliners have very poor brakes. No such thing as Eeeeerrrch!
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I recently saw a news item about some large military ship that can go from full ahead to full stop in a couple of boat lengths. I can't recall what it was though.

Comment

Working...
                        X