OT the Lunar eclipse has started.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT the Lunar eclipse has started.

A friend in Kentucky took this shot a few minutes ago.

Comment

Hey - I got one of those things hanging in the sky just now right outside my front porch!

If I was ignorant and superstitious, I'd be sacred right now.
      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

If any of you photography wizzards can get some good shots please post them.

Comment

Its about ¾ done, but if give me your gold and silver I will make it come back.

Comment

Looks good
            Been checking it out, Mostly I've been checking out saturn though, look at the moon, check out saturn.

Fantastic skies, lots of views, but too friggin cold to enjoy it.

Ken.

Comment

Just a quick shot. But your right is too cold (11deg.) to stand around outside.

Comment

The thing's just a big tease. I'll come back. It always does.

Comment

It has some color now.

Comment

Nice pics......

I went out for a shot, but the digi-camera doesn't have enough controls....... bright against dark sky gets over-exposed.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

It's a sunlit object. You need the same exposure you would on a sunny day. I have never been very interested in lunar eclipses which is a good thing since they are usually just after sunset here and we have a very high eastern horizon because of the ridge between us and town. By the time the moon is up here the eclipse is finished.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I must have looked at it 20 times while sitting here on the computer perusing ebay. Even commented to the wife how unusual it was. It kept distracting me in my peripheral vision and I didn't know what was taking place
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                        X