Camlock chuck studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camlock chuck studs

Anyone know where I can buy new camlock chuck studs for my d1-5 chuck?
    (3/4 x 1/2 - 20) I have tried the usual tool suppliers with out any luck. J&L lists every size except d1-5

try here:
    http://www.jlindustrial.com/CKJ-9910...R/product.html
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice they were out of stock
      Try http://www.kbctools.com/usa/main.cfm
      and search "d1-5 stud"

(I believe those are m12 threads)
      Last edited by smiller6912; 02-22-2008, 10:29 PM.
      "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It might be just as economical to buy a blank back plate as to buy the studs separately, but beware that they can have either metric or Imperial thread depending on the manufacturer.
        Jim H.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I will have to check the stud thread on my chuck again. I do not want to order several studs or complete back plate and find the threads are wrong. Is the d1-5 mount somewhat of an orphan now?

Comment

D1-5 doesn't seem to be the most popular size in the world. My 1942-ish 12x30 Pratt & Whitney Model B lathe uses D1-5 (with a Jarno 13 internal taper), and it looks like there's only a couple modern off-shore lathes that use this size - Grizzly has a couple, and chucks and backing plates that fit. Many of the other sources seem to skip right over the D1-5 - having only D1-4 and D1-6 in their catalogs.

-Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Anvils
              Anyone know where I can buy new camlock chuck studs for my d1-5 chuck?
              (3/4 x 1/2 - 20) I have tried the usual tool suppliers with out any luck. J&L lists every size except d1-5

I've got an old 3-jaw with integral D1-5 complete with (three) studs which you can have for nothing if you can collect it.

Trouble is, I'm in the UK.

That offer does apply to anyone else who could realistically collect. No maker's marks, & it only has soft jaws, so don't get too excited.

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X