My Mistake Top Marks For Welsh Firm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mistake Top Marks For Welsh Firm

I ORDERED THREE BANDSAW BLADES FOR MY METAL CUTTING BANDSAW FROM HAMILTON EDGE TOOLS LTD IN CWMBRAN IN WALES sorry about typing anyway I made a complete botch of it instead of orderring three blades at 95.1/2" inches I ordered them at 59.1/2" I was not pleased and phoned the company today to ask for the correct size.Now in the cold light of day I saw the funny side of it I told Stuart the boss whom I spoke to when I ordered them and told him my tale of stupidity.To my amazement he told me to send them back for a full refund and he would supply the correct size for the difference in money to compensate for the bigger blades I explained no that it was completely my fault but he wouldnt hear of it and insisted that I sent them back with an accompanying letter he reckoned he could resell them no probs so that is a fantastic way to end a bad week great people the Welsh including my wife who is one of them what a great company
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Clumsy Bastard.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

My sentiments exactly well spotted John.They should have realised what I really wanted right away Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

4/5 of 5/8 of Sweet (Miss?) FA

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
        My sentiments exactly well spotted John.They should have realised what I really wanted right away Alistair
        Alistair.

if it helps I've got lots of 3/5 of 5/8 of sweet Miss (Fanny) Adams - aka SFA.

No band-saw blades though -are Banshees any help (Irish)? - too much (is there any such thing of) Poteen?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poit%C3%ADn
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special...ulltext=Search

I tried it twice - the first and the last time - its dynamite - nearly as bad as Russian Slipovich - but it is a nice drop.

We were considerably more than "half cut" and not a band-saw blade in sight.

Re: Banshee- aka Scottish "shىth (also spelled bean-shىdh)"??.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee

Comment

When the new batch arrives make sure they didn't weld the blades together inside out,wouldn't want the teeth running the wrong way
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Wierd

You are one mean cuss LOL.

Had a friend (once) that took his blades back to the supplier because of that. He made his living as a machinist. Told me about it, said that he did feel more than a little foolish.

Ross
            GUNS Don't kill people
            Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

"QUOTE]instead of orderring three blades at 95.1/2" inches I ordered them at 59.1/2[/QUOTE]

Good to see that you are not fully dyslexic Alistair

The conclusion to your tale is good news in a world of sometimes shady business ethic.
              Good on you HAMILTON EDGE TOOLS LTD IN CWMBRAN IN WALES
              Ken.

Comment

The answer is simple. Subtract the 59-1/2 from the 95-1/2 aand divide the answer by 2. This will give you the ammount to cut from the frame of your bandsaw. So cut and re-weld and use the shorter blades. Save the piece you removed to use as an adjuster when you order the next set of blades.

If the teeth are backwards then reverse the black and white wire in the motor and hold on tight because you will only have the upper guides to hold against.

Just funning. In reality it is a sunny day when you find a supplier who wants to be more than fair.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X