Would Everone Please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Everone Please....

I know that I am not the first to request that everyone list at least a general geographic location as to where they live.

In so many of the requests for assistance the answer is largely dependent on where an individual resides. It only takes a few seconds of time and it allows everyone to channel their mind reading skills toward helping, instead of guessing where a request is originating from.

We don't necessarily want a street address, just a general idea of where abouts you're at....unless of course there's drinks and a BBQ involved.

Thanks, Willy
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Originally posted by Willy
    I know that I am not the first to request that everyone list at least a general geographic location as to where they live.

We don't necessarily want a street address, just a general idea of where abouts you're at....unless of course there's drinks and a BBQ involved.

Thanks, Willy
    North of the equator
    Steve
    PS I would like to be able to associate a region with with some of our members that don't have anything listed.

Comment

Willy,

Look around. First, if the member included it, his/her location is in the profile information we all filled out when we joined. Each post shows this location in the upper right corner. Of course, the member must actually enter it and declare it "public". I don't think I did this when I joined, but I am in a small town called Fairfield, Iowa. I guess I can trust you guys so I will try to enter it now.
      Last edited by Paul Alciatore; 04-02-2008, 02:29 AM.
      Paul A.

Make it fit.
      You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Yep, that worked. Now all my posts proudly proclaim my location. If a person needs personal help, it would help to do likewise or at least include it in the text of the message.
        Paul A.

Make it fit.
        You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Heck Paul, we are neighbors.

Perhaps this is why you haven't shown this until now.

Comment

Is this a requirement? I don't think I want anyone knowing where I live, as there are some strange people out there on the 'net...
            David from jax
            A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman2234
              Is this a requirement? I don't think I want anyone knowing where I live, as there are some strange people out there on the 'net...
              David from jax
              Not required. They are only talking about a city and state, nothing further, pretty harmless.

Comment

I just did a quick check as to how to include my location and didn't see a way...if anyone feels like helping me out I will make the change.

Thanks,

John in Rhode Island

Comment

ZINOM, just hit the user cp tab in the upper left hand corner of this page, go to "edit profile", scroll down to "additional information", enter your location and you're done.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

Amen to the location request.

I hate to suggest McMaster to some person in Australia.
                    And this group is global.

Comment

When the forum switched over to the new software, the location information disappeared.
                      It seems like a lot of the people who had their location displayed prior to the changeover never re-entered the information afterwards.

Comment

Thanks Willy....done, annnnd....done.

John

Comment

Working...
                        X