Free File Sharing Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free File Sharing Service

I need to move a PDF file to another person. E-mail chokes so I need to use a file sharing site. Does anyone know of a safe site they could recommend?
    Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

I've used Hamachi to move files from one PC to another over the internet. It's been a while since I've used it, so I don't remember the limitations. Both might have to be logged in to the Hamachi account at the same time. It's basically an internet based LAN.

http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

Comment

Google G-mail allows file sharing. You get 2 gigs of free space.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I've used www.transferbigfiles.com
        ----------
        Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
        Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
        Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
        There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
        Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
        Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

I use http:/www.box.net

Free, up to a certain size, and it seems quite reliable. You can set files for sharing or not. You can also get a Firefox extension that automatically saves your bookmark file to a box. net location for backup and travel.

Comment

Use a file splitter and send in separate pieces.

Clutch

Comment

You may want to compress the file - either .zip or .rar are good. Some file transfer services are 'rough' on .pdf files. Archiving the file also shrinks it size which is a bonus. Depending on the settings of some email programs attachments may be met with some hostility. I have used both Rapidshare (100 MB maximum file size) and Megaupload (500 MB maximum file size) with no problems. Best to keep the file intact (unless its size is greater than the maximum permissable) as these sites restrict bandwidth (slow transfer rates) or introduce time delays for multiple downloads.

Comment

My buddy Adrian over on www.metalillness.com has hosted some pdf's I've written for others.. and recovery.. otherwise use a portable usb drive.. key fob or disc drive.. as I do.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Btw, just how big is this pdf?

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                  X