This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Militia

I posted a link to an article from Backwoods Home Magazine by Masaad Ayoob, a well known writer of self defense articles in national magazines.

This is the link;

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob0109.html

I have been accused by Evan of linking to a holocaust denial publication, and that the link is holocaust denial literature.

It is definitely not that, and I object to his characterization of me as such. I would suggest that Evan read and get a clear understanding of what the article states, and apologize for his statement.
    Jim H.

I hope you are not holding your breath for that Jim.

Comment

I think Ayoob is a pen name. It's "Boo-Ya!" backwards - that can't be accidental.

Comment

I have PMed Jim on this. If he wishes he can post what I had to say.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Mighty nice of you to ALLOW Him to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by rantbot
            I think Ayoob is a pen name. It's "Boo-Ya!" backwards - that can't be accidental.
            That's a good one !

Comment

Evan's PM in full;

It's you that should apologize to the entire forum. Characterizing the victims of the genocide as going "willingly" and as "homosexuals" is standard fare on denial sites. No such thing took place and members of my family can attest to that fact. People weren't given any chance and were lied to, persecuted and families divided with the men taken "just to ask a few questions" and never coming back. They usually died working as slaves in the factories while the women and children were herded at gunpoint onto cattle cars and boxcars for a last ride to the "camps". It wouldn't have made the slightest difference if they had been armed as they simply would have died sooner.

The jews fought back but not by confronting a superior force as a means of committing suicide. Like my uncles they sabotaged the nazi efforts in secrecy working in the underground where they had a chance to live long enough to make a difference.

When I see that poisonous garbage being spread it makes my blood boil and if there is justice the people responsible will rot in hell.

The excerpt from the article he is referring to is;

"The same principle works in microcosm. Does anyone believe that 12 million armed Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals would have been herded into cattle cars by Nazis and shipped away for extermination?"

The word willingly does not appear, and the Nazis did indeed slaughter Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals, and many more minorities. The meaning of the paragraph is that had those 12 million people had access to arms, the situation would most certainly have been different. The reason this did not occur with the Swiss is exactly because they had ready access to arms.

Yes, there were many brave people who resisted the Nazis, but they were at an enormous disadvantage not having free acess to arms. This is the reason they could be forced into the ghettos, persecuted and cowed into submission. This is a lesson that must not be forgotten.
              Jim H.

Comment

I agree 100% JC! The first step to genicide is to disarm the population,the rest has been repeated in history many times.

Comment

The reason this did not occur with the Swiss is exactly because they had ready access to arms.
                  More crap. The Swiss were collaborators and the Nazis needed somebody to take care of the valuables they stole from the jews. The Swiss did just that and the arrangement was very convenient for both. An armed population had nothing to do with it. That's no more than a myth propagated to further try to justify the free availability of guns for every crack head and junkie.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C0A961958260
                  Last edited by Evan; 04-09-2008, 10:42 PM.
                  Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I must say that is a very unique view of history and the role of a country that provided asylum for tens of thousands of refugees escaping from Nazi Germany.

I will say no more, but leave it to others to form their own opinions.
                    Jim H.

Comment

More History

read the whole email at least read the part at the very end about Yamamoto.

A Little Gun History Lesson

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns...........We Are 'Citizens'. Without Them........We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED !

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attachأ© to the U. S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

Comment

John Adams IIRC reasoned and rightly so that no nation in history was ever able to feed,house,equip or uniform more than 10% of it's population as a standing military for any sustainable length of time without going bankrupt and failing.
                        It was this reasoning that led him to the correct conclusion that an armed public was a positive deterant to a government getting out of control and turning on it's citizens.

At the time the military power in this country was the British military which outnumbered the Continental army in both men and supplies.The equalizer was an American invention-Guerilla warfare carried out by armed citizens who many times purchased their own weapons if they didn't have them already and formed militias which were under loose control by the army.The effect of the new style of combat was demoralization of the British military followed by the logical counter measure by the British which consisted of reprisals against the civilian population which predictably fueled inlistment in the Continental militia and an increase in guerilla action.

Now some clarification on US gun laws.

No,we do not allow convicted felons to own firearms legaly.Certain states like Mississippi do in very special circumstances if the felon has made resitution and made a successful application to the court for permission.It's never happened in recent history here.Anyone saying that a felon can legally own a firearm in the US is full of it,period.

Crazy people do occasionally get hold of weapons,they also vote and drive which is far more dangerous.

You can if you pass a background check carry a conceled weapon in many states,you can in several more carry a gun in plain view without any permit.However even in those states there exist bastions of insanity(large cities)where carrying period will land you in jail.Where it is legal to carry the crime rate is lower than where it is not legal to carry.

Now the aggrevating part of our gun laws is the fact that even though you have passed a background check and even though you have a permit to carry you cannot carry everywhere in your state.Schools,libraries and the post office are still off limits.Oddly enough most of the shootings take place there,but not so much anymore in the library with the advent of the internet.

The bulk of gun crime here is commited by minorities,this is fact and fact is not racist.Most of these crimes are commited by felons with rap sheets ten feet long who should have been locked away for all day long ago,but because we have feel good liberal law makers who make excuses for them they are allowed to run rampant and comit crime at will.Our penal system is broken because we no longer PUNISH criminals.

But lets take guns out of the equation,people have been killing people long before guns and would still be killing people if guns never existed.The attempt to blame guns is patently silly,simplistic and and downright retarded.Recent events in OZ bear this out.Will they ban machettes and ball bats next?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3e1_1207560264
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

So... what's all this have to do with machining, again?

If anyone wants to bitch, whine or rant about gun control, politics or religion, I suggest The Straight Dope.

But, you'd best bring your A-game, as they'll check to be sure all your T's are crossed and your I's are dotted.

This stuff doesn't belong here.

Doc.
                          Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Nickel
                            So... what's all this have to do with machining, again?

If anyone wants to bitch, whine or rant about gun control, politics or religion, I suggest The Straight Dope.

But, you'd best bring your A-game, as they'll check to be sure all your T's are crossed and your I's are dotted.

This stuff doesn't belong here.

Doc.
                            I disagree,it already has evolved into people wanking about gun ownership,website monitoring,bans etc,because somebody posted pics of their gunsmithing,sound familiar?
                            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Yessir. But I see no gunsmithing in this thread, and the last such thread also degenerated into insults, accusations, and petty one-upmanship.

We don't need a repeat performance.

Doc.
                              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Working...
                              X