Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - posting drawings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT - posting drawings

    If I draw a diagram using a CAD package that produces a .dxf file is there an easy way to convert it to a .jpg file that would be suitable for posting on this form.
    I'm an abstract poet and I didn't even think I was.

  • #2
    All my drawings are in bpp files. I convert them to .jpg with my digital camera, and load them to photobucket. That'll work with .dxf files, too.

    Roger

    bpp files are produced with a ball point pen.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SmoggyTurnip
      If I draw a diagram using a CAD package that produces a .dxf file is there an easy way to convert it to a .jpg file that would be suitable for posting on this form.
      Depending on complexity and size of the drawing if its a relitivly small/simple drawing that fits and is readable at a resonable zoom level just do what i do and screendump it into paint and save as a jpg

      also what cad package are you using? alot of them offer jpg export options

      Comment


      • #4
        Export/capture of jpg format files from CAD

        Many CAD systems will/can export (and import) in jpg format.

        I use the free "Irfanview" image editor in preference to my PaintShop Pro - most times.

        "Irfanview" has an excellent screen-capture as well as a very good "Resize/re-sample" utility. The "auto-adjust colors" and "sharpen" utilities work very well.

        640 x 480 (VGA) is the best resolution for posting to PhotoBucket as it is both small enough and clear enough.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sconisbee
          what cad package are you using? alot of them offer jpg export options
          I am using a program called Smart Sketch - I have been using it for years and it doesn't have the ability to save as jpg. I'll try the screen capture idea.
          I'm an abstract poet and I didn't even think I was.

          Comment


          • #6
            Irfanview will also load a DXF as a native vector format and convert it to whatever you wish in a raster format. So will Paint Shop Pro.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

            Comment


            • #7
              JPG and DXF

              Originally posted by Evan
              Irfanview will also load a DXF as a native vector format and convert it to whatever you wish in a raster format. So will Paint Shop Pro.
              Well I'll be damned - its gonna happen!!.

              Thanks for that Evan - appreciated - re Irfanview and PSP - as I have both.

              Comment


              • #8
                You may need to download plugins for irfanview Mick.

                http://www.tucows.com/preview/415586
                Just got my head together
                now my body's falling apart

                Comment


                • #9
                  Irfanview update

                  Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
                  You may need to download plugins for irfanview Mick.

                  http://www.tucows.com/preview/415586
                  Thanks for the reminder Lin.

                  I thought I'd done that but will check both that I did it at all and to check for updates.

                  Its a really good application - very fast and quite versatile for day-to-day stuff -and its free.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X