OT - posting drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - posting drawings

If I draw a diagram using a CAD package that produces a .dxf file is there an easy way to convert it to a .jpg file that would be suitable for posting on this form.
    I'm an abstract poet and I didn't even think I was.

All my drawings are in bpp files. I convert them to .jpg with my digital camera, and load them to photobucket. That'll work with .dxf files, too.

Roger

bpp files are produced with a ball point pen.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoggyTurnip
      If I draw a diagram using a CAD package that produces a .dxf file is there an easy way to convert it to a .jpg file that would be suitable for posting on this form.
      Depending on complexity and size of the drawing if its a relitivly small/simple drawing that fits and is readable at a resonable zoom level just do what i do and screendump it into paint and save as a jpg

also what cad package are you using? alot of them offer jpg export options

Comment

Export/capture of jpg format files from CAD

Many CAD systems will/can export (and import) in jpg format.

I use the free "Irfanview" image editor in preference to my PaintShop Pro - most times.

"Irfanview" has an excellent screen-capture as well as a very good "Resize/re-sample" utility. The "auto-adjust colors" and "sharpen" utilities work very well.

640 x 480 (VGA) is the best resolution for posting to PhotoBucket as it is both small enough and clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by sconisbee
          what cad package are you using? alot of them offer jpg export options
          I am using a program called Smart Sketch - I have been using it for years and it doesn't have the ability to save as jpg. I'll try the screen capture idea.
          I'm an abstract poet and I didn't even think I was.

Comment

Irfanview will also load a DXF as a native vector format and convert it to whatever you wish in a raster format. So will Paint Shop Pro.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

JPG and DXF

Originally posted by Evan
              Irfanview will also load a DXF as a native vector format and convert it to whatever you wish in a raster format. So will Paint Shop Pro.
              Well I'll be damned - its gonna happen!!.

Thanks for that Evan - appreciated - re Irfanview and PSP - as I have both.

Comment

You may need to download plugins for irfanview Mick.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/415586
                Just got my head together
                now my body's falling apart

Comment

Irfanview update

Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
                  You may need to download plugins for irfanview Mick.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/415586
                  Thanks for the reminder Lin.

I thought I'd done that but will check both that I did it at all and to check for updates.

Its a really good application - very fast and quite versatile for day-to-day stuff -and its free.

Comment

Working...
                  X