No announcement yet.

4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do Mick, it's a DVD tho and I already have your snail-mail.
    Can't do much about the black gang tho

Oops, edit to say didn't realize you were referring to "green steam"
    Last edited by Swarf&Sparks; 04-18-2008, 07:43 AM.
    Just got my head together
    now my body's falling apart

Comment

Fat Lazy Americans..

Okay.. to the bone... We have had it soo good for so long we forgot how good we had it.

I went to work in 1972 at $1.05 a hour. Worked a lot harder than any job since. I could buy gasoline at $0.32 a gallon.. that works out to about 3 gallons a hours labor..

Now, I make normally $25 a hour, do the math..

We have became a nation of fat and lazy people living in houses way too large to support or heat. Taxes, a joke, House values, another joke. If you have purchased a home in the last five years expect it not to be worth what you owe.. if the economy keeps plummeting expect not to be able to pay for it either.

Look around the next time you are in a crowd. HOW many of the plump citizens could not be rolled around on the ground by any lean hungry foreigner who has chased chickens to "clean and eat" and searched the dumps for things to furnish their homes. How about a American reality check? Soft and weak.

What happened to a honest days wages for a honest days work.. self respect? Why is it take for as little effort as possible? I've wanted to run off the last few electrical apprentices I got "handed"..

It is really refreshing to see one or two good ones in the last ten years or my outlook would be even worse.

MOST YOU guys actually work, toward owning, keeping up machines, Making and owning things.. THE REST OF THE USA is near useless sitting watching sitcoms..

MY two cents, probably not worth that.
      I don't own a big SUV..
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

4 dollar gas

I was in France a few days ago. They are suffering the same sort of rises.
        Most have gone 'Diesel' gasoil. In a few days, I will be in Spain and I will let you know because I have a car over there.I would expect that things there are equally traumatic.

What we have to consider is why this has all come about.
        No good beating around the Bush- we have the answer.

Err, cheers and that

Norm

Comment

heard a whinge on the radio here t'other day.
          even diesel has gone to $1.70-odd a litre

Comment

eBay

I'm sure some of the ebay aficionados can get gas for $US0.05 per gallon - delivered to their door.

Wodderya mean BS?

Oh.

You mean you can bet it for $US0.03?

You can do better'n that - give it another go!!

Comment

I understand gas has really gone up in Iran....... they pay almost 25 cents a gallon now......
              4357 2773 5150 9120 9135 8645 1007 1190 2133 9120 5942

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

"There's no pleasing these serpents"......Lewis Carroll

Comment

Which is what it actually costs to pump, refine and deliver.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

More a case of "stand and deliver!"

Comment

Sauce

Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
                    More a case of "stand and deliver!"
                    Yeah, right Lin.

The "highway men" - Dick Turpin and Ned Kelly et al - are the true highwaymen and the only ones making an honest dollar. The "other" high-waymen (those driving cars) are their revenue source (sauce?).

Comment

Hmmm, tell me about the "rode tax".

Comment

Here's some fuel for the fire (pun intended) ...

Does anyone care to take a stab at calculating the per gallon cost the American taxpayers have paid for the wars that keep cheap foreign crude flowing to us? Once corrected for the cost of oil-related wars, I suspect the per gallon price I pay at the pump is comparable to some of the other prices mentioned here.

Comment

Steaming

Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
                          Hmmm, tell me about the "rode tax".
                          It's the steamers behind Dick T 'n' Ned K's 'orses (where the 'orse-powah izz).

'elp ya self - but don't lick ya fingers.

Comment

Per capita Bob, I reckon Oz pays the same price, if not higher.

Comment

Originally posted by David E Cofer
                              Okay.. to the bone... We have had it soo good for so long we forgot how good we had it.

I went to work in 1972 at $1.05 a hour. Worked a lot harder than any job since. I could buy gasoline at $0.32 a gallon.. that works out to about 3 gallons a hours labor..

Now, I make normally $25 a hour, do the math..

We have became a nation of fat and lazy people living in houses way too large to support or heat. Taxes, a joke, House values, another joke. If you have purchased a home in the last five years expect it not to be worth what you owe.. if the economy keeps plummeting expect not to be able to pay for it either.

Look around the next time you are in a crowd. HOW many of the plump citizens could not be rolled around on the ground by any lean hungry foreigner who has chased chickens to "clean and eat" and searched the dumps for things to furnish their homes. How about a American reality check? Soft and weak.

What happened to a honest days wages for a honest days work.. self respect? Why is it take for as little effort as possible? I've wanted to run off the last few electrical apprentices I got "handed"..

It is really refreshing to see one or two good ones in the last ten years or my outlook would be even worse.

MOST YOU guys actually work, toward owning, keeping up machines, Making and owning things.. THE REST OF THE USA is near useless sitting watching sitcoms..

MY two cents, probably not worth that.
                              I don't own a big SUV..

That pretty well covers it. --RG

Comment

Chuck it on

Originally posted by Bob Farr
                                Here's some fuel for the fire (pun intended) ...
                                Like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X