Borg-Warner hydraulic pump ratings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borg-Warner hydraulic pump ratings?

Anyone here understand the codes on Borg-Warner pumps?
    I have one marked
    P25AH21L01
    it's on a 5hp diesel running at 2500rpm.

Any clues about ratings?
    Googling hasn't found me anything.

Many thanks

Tim

Ii have a 1976 Borg Warner catalog, and this is how they break it down for P series pumps (there are a number of others, coded differently). It appears to make a difference where, if anywhere, the hyphens occur.

The example they give is P1-4AS2-2-R

The first pair is the series number.
    After the hyphen comes the capacity. Divide by 10 to obtain the GPM at 2000 RPM and 0 PSI.
    The letter following is the port location. A=ports in side, D = ports in rear, E = special porting, and F = ports in rear and side.
    The second letter gives the mounting: D=2 bolt diagonal, and S= 4 bolt square.
    The number after the two letters is for shaft end: 2=straight key, 5=special, and 6=tongue.
    Another hyphen, and the lone number = design number. 1=2 bolt diagonal key drive, and 2 = 2 or 4 bolt square tongue drive.
    The final letter after the final hyphen is for rotation, R for right, and L for left.

Obviously this varies from yours, but you might be able to make sense if there are some hyphens.

Pity it isn't a Vickers or a Gresen. I have tons of stuff on those.

Comment

Originally posted by bruto
      Ii have a 1976 Borg Warner catalog, and this is how they break it down for P series pumps (there are a number of others, coded differently). It appears to make a difference where, if anywhere, the hyphens occur.

The example they give is P1-4AS2-2-R

The first pair is the series number.
      After the hyphen comes the capacity. Divide by 10 to obtain the GPM at 2000 RPM and 0 PSI.
      The letter following is the port location. A=ports in side, D = ports in rear, E = special porting, and F = ports in rear and side.
      The second letter gives the mounting: D=2 bolt diagonal, and S= 4 bolt square.
      The number after the two letters is for shaft end: 2=straight key, 5=special, and 6=tongue.
      Another hyphen, and the lone number = design number. 1=2 bolt diagonal key drive, and 2 = 2 or 4 bolt square tongue drive.
      The final letter after the final hyphen is for rotation, R for right, and L for left.

Obviously this varies from yours, but you might be able to make sense if there are some hyphens.

Pity it isn't a Vickers or a Gresen. I have tons of stuff on those.

Thanks for that I'll see if I can make some sense of it.

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X