• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, that's a 4 cylinder and you'd need a minor 3rd
    Just got my head together
    now my body's falling apart

Comment

Can you code a set up in Morris Minor ?
      Nope, but I can in Morris Minus. Minus guages, minus displacement, minus speed, minus power and mine was minus doors, boot, bonnet, wings and windscreen.

I can't get CamBam Plus to produce a readable DXF. Another e-mail to Andy...
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan

I can't get CamBam Plus to produce a readable DXF. Another e-mail to Andy...
        Here you are Evan,
        Perhaps you don't have the latest beta off Andy ?

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk...wind_chime.DXF

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Could we hear it? If it's not to much trouble.

I think you have the notes for a G scale and not a chord. With a wind chime two or more notes can be heard together. That does not neccasarily make it a chord.
          Last edited by topct; 04-28-2008, 05:27 PM.
          Gene

Comment

OK. They are they notes of a chord in G major. I'll see about recording it after supper.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
              OK. They are they notes of a chord in G major. I'll see about recording it after supper.
              Were you able to find time to record this? I'm quite interested in the results - another great example of natural sciences merging with home shop machinery.

dp

Comment

Two notes cannot constitute a chord.
                An interval, yes.
                Pedantic: I?

Comment

Hmmm... Thanks for this Evan, it is entirely possible that this little gem could get me out of the dog house with the wifey, for spending so much time out in the shop for the last 1.5 months getting the new CNC off the ground...

Of course, I will be pushing my luck out in the shop, and moving in deeper and deeper with the dog until I get it done.

Thanks,
                  Jason

Comment

any thoughts on how .050" (16g) 1.27mm aluminum will work? It is a bit undersize, but I have a lot of scraps left over from another project.

Later,
                    Jason

Comment

What happened ere?
                      Mike Oldfield?
                      WHO??

Comment

What two notes? It has all four. What happened is that this time of year I have a lot to do that isn't shop related. I spent time yesterday reinstalling my post pounder on the Land Rover as I have some fencing to do before the ground turns to concrete.

My shop projects will be turning to steel fabrication for the most part as I still have more gates to build. I still want to make a scroll bending attachment for my bender too.

Perhaps I will have time today to make a recording of the chime. Maybe I will use the Audiolumitron.

As for the thickness of the aluminum, that isn't a very big factor. Try it and see.

Comment

Can it play all 4 notes simultaneously, or even three notes?
                          2 notes constitute an interval, not a chord.

Comment

Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
                            2 notes constitute an interval, not a chord.
                            Don't know if it applies, but on the conventional wind chimes I have the knocker regularly hits two bars at a time.

It hits them in fairly succession so that the ringing definitely combines. I suppose even what my ear hears as simultaneous is probably separated by a few milliseconds.

Which I suppose makes it an arpeggio, not an interval.

Comment

Hmm, dunno.
                              I'll have to dust off the old axe and see if my fingers can do millisecond arpeggios

Comment

According to Einstein no two or more events that are separated in time and space by any distance at all can be proven to be simultaneous.

Pedantic enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X