Single Shot Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Shot Guns

Can someone tell me what issues of "Home Shot Machinist" and "Project in Metal"
    have the plans for making single shot guns. Is there more than one project?
    Thanks for you help.
    Gary Helmick

You'll shoot your eye out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Helmick
      "Home Shot Machinist"?
      Sounds pretty specialized.

Comment

The Single-shot, Falling-block rifle action series was published in 1994-1995. We had enough respose for the back issues that covered this rifle action that we sold out of all of our copies. Because of the demand, the articles on this action were combined into one book. You can order it through Village Press by calling 1-800-447-7367. The full title is: Building a Single-shot, Falling-block Rifle Action. The book is $16 plus $3 for shipping (for US orders). Hope this helps you.

George Bulliss
        George

Comment

There was one multi part project in Home Shop Machinist, Building a Single Shot Rifle, by Walter Mueller around 1994. It has been assembled into book form and is available from Village Press, the owners of this website.

It is also sold through Brownells and Midway as well as several eBay sellers. It is an excellent projest, and the book is also a very good reference for anyone contemplating building a firearm.
          Jim H.

Comment

George is a faster typer than I am, but why does the store on this site not work? There are frequent requests from members for books from the store, only to be frustrated by the inability to purchase on line.
            Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum
              but why does the store on this site not work?
              Good question Jim. I wish I had an answer for you. You would think that a way to make money from the site would be a high priority but the last I heard was that it would be fixed when the site is updated in the fall.

George
              George

Comment

Ever see a single shot shotgun adapter allowing it to fire 308 shells? simple.. just buy a barrel and turn the outer dimensions to the 10 guage shotgun shell, allow the rifled section to extend up the barrel.

I had this goose gun with a dozen calibers it would shoot. I traded it for something.. other than a lil redheaded girl.

I loved the old German drillings, a tri-barrel shotgun rifle combo. Usually a queer rifle cartridge you could not find. and the savage over unders.. 22/12 gauge, 223-12 gauge was my favorite. It'd kick like a mule tho.

I hunted normally there at the last with a 44 super blackhawk and a 22 rifle.. a Nylon 66 for years. It was chrome-black and I think it scared many animals long before I saw them.. too shiny.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

there is also a book written by Frank de Haas called the book of single shot rifle plans, or something like that.

Comment

Try this....

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?

They have several plans to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by quasi
                      there is also a book written by Frank de Haas called the book of single shot rifle plans, or something like that.
                      "Mr. Single Shot's Book of Rifle Plans"
                      by Frank and Mark De Haas

de Haas Books
                      Rt. 3, Box 77
                      Ridgeway,MO 64481

Comment

Guns don't kill people
                        So I'm trading mine for poison.

Comment

Deliverance

Originally posted by JCHannum
                          but why does the store on this site not work?
                          Originally posted by George Bulliss
                          Good question Jim. I wish I had an answer for you. You would think that a way to make money from the site would be a high priority but the last I heard was that it would be fixed when the site is updated in the fall.

George
                          In my experience - good question and good answer.

I live in OZ and had the same problem when I wanted to buy some books from VP.

My only option was to use the order form inside the back cover of my HSM magazine and post/mail it (OZ post and USPS) quoting my VISA card number and mailing address in OZ.

I queried VP and was told that it was in the process of being fixed so that I/we could order "on-line". That was some time ago - in the last 12 months anyway - I have deleted the PM's/emails.

In my case the service was excellent as the only delay was the few days that it took for my order to arrive at VP by mail.

There is another issue with VP and the vagaries of the US post/mail/delivery service as was discussed recently as regards delivery of the HSM magazine with a specific article in it. IOWOLF raised the issue in a thread (thanks Wolfie)
                          http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=28665

I still have not got that magazine!!!

Just following that thread, it seems that a lot of subscribers in the US took a long time to get it as well. There did not seem to be much if any rationale' or relationship between distance and delivery time in the US in that thread.

If I get a parcel (some broken into 3 parcels due to weight) orders from Littlemachineshop or CDCO and the like I get them delivered to my door within a week to ten days using USPS. I opt for the second-highest/cost delivery service - that might explain it.

The US and VP are not alone in this as some non-OZPost/alternative and presumably cheaper delivery services almost invariably take a lot longer to deliver and sometimes not at all.

Perhaps George/VP can tell us where they are at as regards magazine delivery as I still haven't got that magazine with the article referred to in IOWOLF's thread!!

I am quite confident in VP's processes as regards mailing etc. but am not too enthusiastic as regards the delivery service for the HSM magazine. It is quite usual, in fact normal, for me to get my magazines a month or so later than when I see an article in one discussed on the forum.

I'd be interested to see if any others in OZ or NZ have similar problems.

Comment

Keep it on the straight and narrow

Originally posted by GKman
                            Guns don't kill people
                            So I'm trading mine for poison.
                            PLEASE - don't start or let or have us go down THAT track again.

Owning guns and discussing the performance and engineering/HSM related aspects are all just fine with me - providing we stay out of the "Gun Ownership" bit when it relates to the "Right to Bear Arms" as it just spirals down-hill and out of control when that arises.

I really do like to see posts and read articles on making, maintaining and modifying guns as there have been some first-class engineering/shop-related items.

From the comments on this thread and the demand for the book there is a lot of interest.

The gun owners and Gun-smiths have had a bad "rap" in those matters so far through no fault of their own when otherwise good threads have been hi-jacked.

I'd be interested to see items as posts on this thread that relate to the single-shot gun referred to.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                              I queried VP and was told that it was in the process of being fixed so that I/we could order "on-line". That was some time ago - in the last 12 months anyway -
                              No way to run a business, for sure.

If the fancy page and shopping cart system isn't working (and that does happen from time to time) there should be a default page with the goods listed and a number for phone orders. If, of course, there's somebody to answer the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X