• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAM salesman: Pay now, or pay me later

Small v-belt for Grizzly g4000, 0.2 lbs.:

Price quote, Grizz-----$37.70 includes UPS

Price quote, from Long Island Marketing Concepts-----$15, includes UPS

Thanks to someone here------for the tip on LIMC, I owe you beer.

G

Auto Parts $4.
    DZER

Comment

Yep,those tiny little vee-belts cost money from the OEM.The ones to fit my 9x20 Grizz wanted $27 each,Gates from the local bearing house cost me $9.00.

But it was one of the few parts for the machine that wasn't dirt cheap,so I'm not complaining.
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Would you please post the part number for the belt from Gates.
        I have a Grizzley G4000 and would like to have the information.
        Thanks
        Fixxit
        457863656C73696F7220212000

Comment

Same experience with the flat toothed belt for my Emco Maximat - I saw one online source charging $60, got it from the local bearings-and-gears shop for $15.
          Pete in NJ

Comment

Fixxit-----------Two belts on my G4000, thin belt (M5 X 730) is Grizz's P/N P4000237A and the cogged belt (160 X L 050) is their P/N P4000238A.

This machine, at least 4 years old, came with the two ears for supporting the worm/lead screw, cast into the apron. Just noticed in the manual which came with the machine, showing a 'bracket' which is bolted to the apron, for supporting the worm. The worm is of course driven via the lead screw.

I have three 42T concave faced gears which transferred power from the worm/lead screw to the gear train. Reason I have three is the teeth fell off, very poor iron/casting quality plus slop twixt the worm and the 42T gear. Have the bracket mentioned above, on order and will mill off the two original cast in place ears, then position/bolt the new bracket in place, with sufficient adjustment to hopefully remove the slop.

I've more than broke even on the price paid for this machine, but I don't brag to friends of the machine's quality. YMMV, good luck.

G
            Last edited by Guido; 05-06-2008, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Surprise me. How do you find LIMC?

Comment

GKman, Pullup:

http://shop.limct.com

Oughta work?

G

Comment

Working...
                X