Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT... what I've Been Up TO With Pictures

That ON Topic..

Been working on my fence project the last few weeks got 48 foot built and ready to paint. Popped in at least once a day to keep up with the drama and the projects.
    Anyway here's a couple projects I whipped up... need to make a tap and the best way to hold the stock was in a collet. So I made a drawbar for the Old Atlas.

Here's a few pictures.

Here's the handle being turned. It has a 13؛ bevel to the center hub.

This is the parts and the completed drawbar. The real fun part was grinding the little 60؛ threading bar for the 26 tpi bore.

Here is the test fit... Works Great.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

And this is a V-Block I made as well.

Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

I'm going to steal the bird's beak idea on the clamp. It would have solved a problem I had recently.

Nice hand wheel - is that aluminum?

Comment

Why the wings on the v-block? :-)

Comment

pd... You mean Pac-man that thing grips like a Scottsman to his wallet... tight and no marring . The hand wheel is aluminum with a sheel hub shink fitted in. Then that was press fitted on the tub behind the slip brushing with the 710 hole in it.

Chip_er... The wings are removeable but allows it to be used in a vise. Besides the shaper and mill I've used it in the bandsaw to hold for short cuts.

It's 6" long and is handy as heck.

And this is a shaper ID cutting bar and holder I made up to use on some bigger parts. The bar is 3/4" necked down to 1/2" so I can use my other bars as well.

Comment

Working...
          X