Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey...You Birdbrains out there... (concerns the Gurl)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punkin, Got any Photos?

Comment

Originally posted by IOWOLF
      Punkin, Got any Photos?
      Jay.. I think you already saw a pic of "punkin". "SHE" had a parrot on her shoulder.
      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Yup, tried that.
        But the board spat it's dummy.

Even after logging off, it saw the same IP and would not allow a new account.
        Just got my head together
        now my body's falling apart

Comment

""SHE" had a parrot on her shoulder."
          any time

Comment

Ewwwwwwwww Yuck

Comment

Originally posted by Swarf&Sparks
              Yup, tried that.
              But the board spat it's dummy.

Even after logging off, it saw the same IP and would not allow a new account.
              That's odd...the gurl registered through my computer.
              I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

"Ewwwwwwwww Yuck"

?

Comment

I was going to stay out of it, but as its out in the open anyway i thought i would add my thoughts.

I for one know that gender has bugger all to do with talent/skills when it comes to this kind of thing, the 2 best welders and the best design engineer i know are all women, now heres the thing, it should not matter what a person calls themselves, it should not matter if they are male or female, what counts is the skill and knowledge thats all....

I dont blame torker for defending the gurl (i also dont see any reason why she shouldnt use "the gurl" as her identity on here as we *all* know of her and her work by that name and its not an insulting one).... I would also hazard a guess that had the gurl been a guy working for torker and had learned the same and done as good a work and become friends with him then i would not be surprised int he least if torker would step up and defend him also, cause all this crap has nothing to do with the fact shes female it has to do with general manners and how we accept and respect other people. so I suggest everyone take a step backwards and look at this objectivly...

For a long time now I and many others have noticed and commented on the fact that fewer and fewer people are getting into this trade, whether for hobby of work does not matter, so when someone new and enthusiastic turns up she gets the run around from the few prats here just because shes a woman, thats nuts and im willing to bet you all know it.

Fact is "the gurl" is a better welder than i am and i couldnt care less if i admit it or not, and i wouldnt in the least feel imasculated by learning from her. Once again gender means F'all in the grand scheme of things and i hope you all get over yourselfs take a deep breath and let it drop as I for one hope that the gurl continutes to post here and is not put off by the unfortunate ramblings of the minority.

Torker, you have my upmost respect for standing up for a friend and collegue and that shows alot of respect for the gurl and her work, and shows alot for the type of good guy you are, i dont blame you for thinking that it might not be a good idea to encorage her to post here but i hope she decides to continue.

And for what its worth, why the hell does it matter what she or any of us to that matter looks like? hell the gurl could be a talking carrot for all i care (not that im calling her a carrot just making a point) as what matters the most is skill and knowledge of which she has plenty.

So with that said...

Torker: Good on you for supporting and standing by new talent in this industry.

The Gurl: I hope we get to see more of you posting and more of your outstanding work as you learn more and i hope we have a chance to learn from you also.

To the rest of you: Stop and think a little before you post, theres no need for fighting here, theres no need for arguments. A handle on here is just that a handle an online identity thats link to yourself, it matters not what that name is.

So how about we just let this drop and move on those of you that have been callous and rude towards our new member should apologise, and the rest of us including myself should really keep our beaks outta it. Let her work speak for her not her "handle" Dont change the way you are just because shes female, but do treat her with the respect she deserves and hopefully we shall get the chance to see more of her work and learn from her as i hope she will learn from us, as i have learned from you guys in the past.

So how about we just all move on to a new subject something we can learn from instead of argue about.
                  Last edited by sconisbee; 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Come on guys. Women can like metalworking.

Seems like a couple reactions happen when a female shows up. Everyone wants to say hello because she is a girl and then some one gets his jockeys in a twist because off all the attention.

Same thing happens in a gun club.

So to thegurl, welcome, ask questions, post pictures and enjoy. Same to all the rest that recently joined. We be a band of brothers with a few sisters included

Clutch

Comment

Working...
                    X