Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man of Bronze...

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this link will work but I came across this trailer for an old movie and there's a little lathe action in it....kinda funny and neat at the same time.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4003594521/

Enjoy the weekend,

John

Hey, it's not that old, it came out in 1975.

There's a bunch of pulp novels featuring the "Man of Bronze", along with comic books from a number of different companies.

in 1999, there was an announcement of a new Doc Savage movie, starring the Governator, but nothing came of it.

If you've never seen the movie, it's a good way to kill 2 hours.

"Have no fear, the Man of Bronze is here!"

HTRN
    EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

Oh yeah Doc Savage. He was a cult hero in a small way as Superman was in a big way in about the same era. Superman, FLash Gordan, Captain Marvel, etc. All had common roots; escapism and propaganda for teen aged boy and young adults they grew into.

There's been a zillion spin-off stories and any number of juvie books about or featuring Doc Savage. Probably a more interesting character too. I think Ben Bova wrote a couple stories based on Doc Savage. Great fun but not great literature.

By the way, the fellow in the clip looks a lot - I mean a LOT - like Jim Jefferies a boss I worked for about 5 years. Handsome guy, very smart, very competent but not a willing cooperator. He seldom suffered fools. He had a reputation among the sycophants as "not a team player'. Nope, but he was a hellova good boss and saw to it the work was done right and on schedule. I'll take a boss like that any day over a an incompetent "team player" who'd sell anyone down the river if it continued his rise through the heirarchy.
      Last edited by Forrest Addy; 05-10-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Hey guys as the film has been made a long time ago, The little lathe must be lying about & a nuisance to them If i asked would they give me it?

Comment

Are all shops up north laid out in a circular pattern and under an igloo?
          John M...your (un)usual basement dweller

Comment

Doc Savage was a for real doctor. A brain surgeon. He developed an operation that could return to society the most terrible of criminals.

He did not act alone. He had a team of experts that specialized in all of the known sciences.

They were always on call, and more than eager to "lend a hand".

For not only was the Doc an outcast, so were the members of his team.
            Gene

Comment

He needs to wear safety glasses, or we can call him Doc Cyclops.

Comment

When I was a young man in the 1960's, I read a great number of the "Doc Savage" books, and really enjoyed them. I'm pretty sure that they were old books then. I think they were written in the 1930's. EDIT---Yep, I just checked on the 'net. The first Doc Savage book was introduces in 1933, and there were 181 novels produces between 1933 and 1949. I know that the first one I read was one I picked up at a flea market, and when my dad seen it, he mentioned that he had read Doc Savage books when he was a young man.
                Last edited by brian Rupnow; 05-10-2008, 09:52 PM.
                Brian Rupnow

Comment

Originally posted by oil mac
                  Hey guys as the film has been made a long time ago,

Hey what do you mean "a long time ago", I remember going to see it and, Oh, I see what you mean.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

looks like Evan... up there in his igloo (LOL) with his telescope and lathe!!

Comment

If only I were a millionaire,I could get the hell away from everybody and get something done
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                      X