X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruto
    replied
    Originally posted by dilligaf
    the motor says it is 3450 and 1740 and i do not have to worry about reverse as the pullys do that for me.
    If you have two speeds and can run it either way around, I'd go for it. There's not much to lose. The pump motors I've salvaged have usually had good long shafts on them, and if you have no problem starting, you're likely to have no problem running.

Leave a comment:

• dilligaf
    replied
    the motor says it is 3450 and 1740 and i do not have to worry about reverse as the pullys do that for me.

Leave a comment:

• bruto
    replied
    The question of reversing came up on another thread here. I've tried a couple of pump motors, and found they usually cannot be reversed. So check for that, and for rotation first. I've used pump motors for a few things, and they can work well, but may have bushings instead of ball bearings on the tail end, and the shafts probably have no keyways. If it's split-phase, it may not start under load, but if it's capacitor, it should.

A 3450 rpm motor is just what you need for a wood shaper, but your metal shaper will chase you around the room if you don't gear it down.

Leave a comment:

• macona
    replied
    Most spa pump motors are 3450 RPM so you will have to belt it down quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• dilligaf
    started a topic electric motor

electric motor

i have a 2hp 220v single phase motor that came off of a hot tub. It has the water pump on it can i take the pump off and use it for my shaper? The wireing instructiions say terminal A is hot, B is fast, C is slow.

thanks
    Jason
Working...
X