X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• current Enco codes

enjoy...

Enco 20% off coupon, good thru June 30th... STP58

it wouldn't let me stack the current free shipping code (which is WBPM8), but 20% off was a slightly better deal anyway.

What happened that Enco doesn't seem to advertise with HSM anymore, or do I keep missing their ad?

Wow, thanks for that Robbie!

I've had my eye on a Bison tailstock chuck -- with 20% off it's $175 -- that's a steal!

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...&PARTPG=INLMK3
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Lazlo--thanks in turn for pointing that out. I saw those in the March sale flyer and they seemed a bargain then. The flyer expired a few days ago and I figured the sale was over. The latest flyer appears to have them at a "sale" price that is higher than the "list" price from the previous sale??? In any case, it seems like a nice toy.

Is the 20% good on sale items too? Is it good on the entire purchase? If so, I may have to pull up the "next Enco order" list I keep as a running list.

Paul
      Paul Carpenter
      Mapleton, IL

Comment

Paul, I happen to have the April 2008 Enco flyer (yes, I'm anal retentive, but in this case it was just blind luck). It seems like the same price?
        Was it cheaper in March?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

By the way, another killer deal is the Enco RF-45 (square column mill/drill) clone:

Normally $1899, on sale for $1495 with free shipping, and with the 20% coupon that's $1196 with free shipping (!)
          I just added it to my cart and applied Robbie's code, and it definitely works:

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...AKA=RW325-5184

Comment

Lazlo-- the $219 price is the same as the March flyer...which I could find, but my April flyer grew legs?? The current flyer, however shows the 4" rotating chuck (MT3) at $378.95 on sale with a list price of $541 which is nuts. Bison makes a model that has a "zero set" type chuck and I thought perhaps the one in the latest flyer was that model....but such does not appear to be the case.

I agree on the square column gear head mill. Had that mill been available at that sort of price three years ago when I bought my Bridgeport, I likely would not have been a Bridgeport owner....for better or worse. The thing that made my decision was that the dovetail column mills with geared heads were up close to the cost of a used BP which seemed ridiculous.

Paul
            Paul Carpenter
            Mapleton, IL

Comment

Originally posted by pcarpenter
              The current flyer, however shows the 4" rotating chuck (MT3) at $378.95 on sale with a list price of $541 which is nuts. Bison makes a model that has a "zero set" type chuck and I thought perhaps the one in the latest flyer was that model....but such does not appear to be the case.
              I lost you Paul -- the Bison 4", MT3 chuck is actually cheaper than the 3", MT2: $300 retail on sale for $211, minus the 20% == $169.56

The Bison Adjust-Tru tailstock chucks are a lot more expensive, and I can't even find them in the Enco catalog?

The Bison chucks are really nice (nicer than the modern Buck chucks, IMHO). But I figure if I ever need the adjustable concentricity for the tailstock, I'll make my own adjustable backplate...

Comment

My only point was that the May sale flyer has the same Bison rotating tailstock chucks "on sale" at prices that are higher than even the regular price was before??? Go figure. I thought perhaps I was confused and that maybe the higher price was because the ones in the latest flyer were the set-tru style. Such is not the case.

In order to see these higher prices, you have to look at the actual printed sale flyer from May or at the electronic copy of same on the web site. If you actually look up the item on the web site, you get the lower price left from the March and April sale flyers??? Their web site is still just wierd if you ask me. In any case, I wonder if this is telegraphing a coming price increase?

Paul
                Paul Carpenter
                Mapleton, IL

Comment

The sale prices hold over, usually, til the end of the next month ... I often take advantage of that little perk too.

Robbie, you & Laz might get a kick out of this ... Robbie posted the code and Laz gave the info on the dovetail mill, -- and I came along, read about it, -- promptly went over to the yahoo mill-drill site (where the dovetails are really getting hot) and posted the info 3-4 hrs ago. Just checked in over there, and one guy has already ordered the mill and another ordered up a lathe!! I got a feeling there will be a couple more, --the Grizz has their mills on back order and continually upping the delivery date on a couple guys, and they are getting pretty PO'd and have been making noises about just canceling and getting the ENCO.

When I ordered the band saw a few weeks ago, I couldnt get the web site to accept the free frt offer, so I called it in and was joking around with the girl taking the order about how we pass the word all around on these codes, discounts, etc and she really got a kick out of hearing that, said she had never heard of it and was gonna tell all the other girls
                  If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Originally posted by pcarpenter
                    In order to see these higher prices, you have to look at the actual printed sale flyer from May or at the electronic copy of same on the web site.
                    You know, it's funny. I order a ton of stuff from them, but they never send me the paper flyers? MSC sends me all their flyers, but I buy a lot more stuff from Enco. Go figure

In any case, I wonder if this is telegraphing a coming price increase?
                    I bet you're right Paul! I just checked the (electronic copy) of the April flyer, and like Bill says, the prices are marked good until June 5. Sounds like the prices are going to jump on June 6. Thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

I get the paper flyers stuffed in the box with my order....? thats the only time I ever see them. Course, long as they keep sending that "hot deals",--- thats the one I want.
                      If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

SHowing my ignorance, what is the purpose/function/usefulness of the tail stock chuck ?

Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X