27mm arbour ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27mm arbour ???

27mm 30 international long horizontal arbour .
    got this at the harrowgate show ...
    thought it was a 1 inch one ...stupid me !!!

why 27mm ........

i can see people selling them all over the net and on ebay ..........

dont seem to be any sources for cutters ..

so why .

all the best..markj

I have a 30 int one inch arbor with 27 mmm spacers on it !

a bit annoying , but at least it is easy to get new spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
      27mm 30 international long horizontal arbour .
      got this at the harrowgate show ...
      thought it was a 1 inch one ...stupid me !!!

why 27mm ........

i can see people selling them all over the net and on ebay ..........

dont seem to be any sources for cutters ..

so why .

all the best..markj
      I expect metric machines were supplied new with metric arbors, & the owners pretty soon swapped them for imperial as the cutters are more widely available.
      Cutters do exist, I've got a couple of gear cutters with 27mm bore (and a bush for using them on 1" arbor).
      Indexable milling cutters usually come with metric bores, this side of the pond anyway.

Tim

Comment

wack in mill, clamp lathe tool bit in vice, turn in situ to 1"

Dave
        Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

27mm seems completely odd,sounds like one of those things that only exist in China or Russia.
          I was once offered some Russian endmill holders cheap,on closer inspection they were INT30 in taper,22mm in bore and 5/8-11 lefthand in thread about as bastard as one could get.I declined the offer and later seen them in the bin at the local scrapyard.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
            27mm seems completely odd,sounds like one of those things that only exist in China or Russia.
            I was once offered some Russian endmill holders cheap,on closer inspection they were INT30 in taper,22mm in bore and 5/8-11 lefthand in thread about as bastard as one could get.I declined the offer and later seen them in the bin at the local scrapyard.
            27mm is a standard bore for face milling cutters.
            I've just checked the UK paper J&L catalogue, to satisfy my curiosity.
            They do list a few slitting saws and 'side clearance' saws with 27mm bore, as well as indexable slotting cutters (which they only list in metric bores)

Tim

Comment

well there is no way I'm buying new cutters for it ...

too expensive ..!!!

when i get that cylindrical grinder attachment going ...it's going down to 1 inch.

unless i see a load of gear cutters on ebay that are 27mm bore that no one wants .because of the 27mm size.

that could be useful then.

all the best...markj

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                Nope its been a standard metric Arbour size for a long time - Elliott was offering Metric versions of the 181 and 00 with int 30 27mm arbours in the 60's

Derek

Comment

The Metric (DIN) standard for side chip clearance saws, insert endmills and shell endmills are:
                  16, 22, 27, 32, 40 mm.

Benta.

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                    well there is no way I'm buying new cutters for it ...

too expensive ..!!!

when i get that cylindrical grinder attachment going ...it's going down to 1 inch.

unless i see a load of gear cutters on ebay that are 27mm bore that no one wants .because of the 27mm size.

that could be useful then.

all the best...markj
                    Then try www.ebay.de In German the item you are looking for is a Scheibenfrنser and you want Aufnahmedurchmesser: 27mm

Comment

Originally posted by derekm
                      Then try www.ebay.de In German the item you are looking for is a Scheibenfrنser and you want Aufnahmedurchmesser: 27mm
                      wow! intterlocking milling cutters ...never seen them before

http://cgi.ebay.de/NEU-Nutenfraeser-...d=p3286.c0.m14

all the best..markj

Comment

Working...
                      X