OT: Appliance warranties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Appliance warranties

Our washer/drier combo crapped out last week (2 years old) and the repairman said it was the "transmission", I didn't know washers had one, It was out of warranty and guess what, expensive to fix, cheaper to buy new.

He sent us to a different repair company, believe it or not he didn't charge us for the service call, because they specialized in this model (name withheld because I'm pissed off at them) and told us that the transmission was made by a third party manufacturer and may have a "back end" manufacturers warranty on that part, Guess what, it did, good for 10 years. We still have to pay for installation but it's cheaper than buying another one.

So if your hard earned, but crappy modern quality household equipment goes on you there may be a recourse for you. It's seems that stuff craps out faster and faster everyday.

Rant over.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Yup, good news is, if you have a F***** and P*****, the motors are actually stepper motors and make damn fine wind generators. You may even be able to CNC drive a bridgeport if you can find 3 dead washing machines.
    Just got my head together
    now my body's falling apart

Comment

Working...
    X