Norwegian UFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian UFO

My brother Glenn, who lives in Oslo, sent me this a few minutes ago. Obviously, he composed the message in a state of excitement. The event, whatever it was, occurred shortly after midnight, local time.
    Allan I was watching TV upstairs and out the window I saw a burning (flickering, not blinking) orange light drifting across the sky. Almost as big as the moon or sun when it was closest, not like the light on a plane or helicopter. I ran outside to look. I first thought it was maybe a paper lantern or something like that somebody sent from the nearby hill but I realized it was moving against a fairly strong breeze. Then I thought of a jet plane on fire but it was heading south away from Oslo. It was a weird thing to see and I can't explain it. Totally silent and not a meteorite streaking by for a split second. Well I suppose it could have been a real big meteor high up but I've never seen the like and it didn't leave a streak behind it. Just an orange ball of flame passing overhead at about the same speed as a jet. I saw it for about a minute before it was over my horizon (behind the roof of a neighbor). I'll let you know if I hear or read about others who saw it.
    Glenn

Thomas Staubo, can you confirm?
    Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

I suspect a natural gas balloon with a time delay ignitor (book of matches and a cigarette). I've launched more than a few of these in my yoot. Quite spectacular over population areas just after the sun has set. They've even been mentioned in the news . All the evidence goes up in flames. A 20' tall natural gas balloon makes a big fireball.

Comment

Originally posted by dp
      I suspect a natural gas balloon with a time delay ignitor (book of matches and a cigarette). I've launched more than a few of these in my yoot. .
      Dennis, what is a yoot ? I think you meant to type youuuthhhe .

Steeeve

Comment

"Bright light in sky, frightens minority group in sector "R".
        Gene

Comment

Thank god there still are some tricksters among us !!! Damn, I'm sorry we cook with electricity.
          Pete in NJ

Comment

Most likely a reentering satellite. Sounds a little slow to be a bolide.

You can check here when the next issue comes out to see if anything broke up around the right time.

http://orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov/ne...ewsletter.html
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Big orange garbage bag, couple of long skewers, a tin lid and a coupleof firelighters.

(don't ask)
              Just got my head together
              now my body's falling apart

Comment

OOOH BOY!

Here in the USA, around Hallowe'en, we get bright orange plastic leaf bags with Jack-O'Lantern faces printed on them. And it'll all be YOUR fault !!
                Pete in NJ

Comment

Go ahead and laugh, you guys. What you don't know is that everyone it passed over is now sterile.

Comment

Beats paying money for the operation.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Beats paying money for the operation

Is that what you did Evan????Alistair
                      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                      X