Is search badly broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is search badly broken?

Don't know if this has been beaten up before because search doesn't seem to respond to it.

If I search for a single word, I get no returns. If I add one or more words including a key word I know only appears in a few threads, I get a ton of irrelevant threads returned.

Anyone know what's going on with it?

I think the forum software is to blame. Searching the PM forum is hard also. One thing that helps is Google. Go to advanced searches and search only the one website by filling in the domain name. If anyone has a better method, I'd like to hear as it can still be hard to find what you are looking for.
    Jon Bohlander
    My PM Blog

Comment

The search function is definitely broken. I have searched for threads I started and I know for a fact contain certain key words with no result.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

In the google search window on google's main page:

lathe parting site:bbs.homeshopmachinist.net

Will return results from this site for either of lathe or parting or both. You can get fancier with practice and without having to open the advanced search page.

Comment

I have noticed search problems also............. hmm i thought it was me
          scariest thing to hear " I am from the government and i am here to help"

Comment

Working...
          X