Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, no!! Look what followed me home.

Another freebie lawn tractor, this one with an 18HP Briggs horizontal twin:

The engine is supposed to run OK, but it needs a new battery. I hope nothing got into the intake while the air cleaner was off. Fortunately, the deck wasn't there.

Roger
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

It could be a candidate for a new sport for you.........
    http://www.letsmow.com/
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

With that engine you could build yourself a King Car and get outstanding fuel mileage.
      It's only ink and paper

Comment

Now that a freebie to own!!!! I dont ever get those freebies. Mine are usually, hey, I have this extra dirt, ya want it LOL JR
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

And it says Craftsman on the hood so you know it's quality
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Well, turns out the engine had no compression thanks to both intake valves being stuck open. One came unstuck with a little coaxing through the sparkplug hole. The other required the removal of the cylinder head so I could grab the valve with a pair of pliers to move it around. Also had to deal with a broken bolt securing the intake manifold by drilling it out and retapping the hole. And then there was the stuck choke shaft, missing fuel line, and inoperative start switch. The list goes on.

BUT, I was able to fire it up for a bit by putting a propane torch into the carb intake, and cranking it with jumper cables hooked to the truck battery. It's quiet and smooth, and doesn't smoke. That's encouraging, especially considering I haven't spent anything on it so far except some time.

Roger
            Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
            X