New milling machine arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New milling machine arrived today

My new mill (a Craftex from BusyBee Tools) arrived today. I brought it home in my pickup truck and offloaded it with my cherry picker engine hoist. It looks quite robust for a hobby mill, with a bed that measures 7" x 19.75", and it weighs in at about 300 pounds. I just took inventory of my angle and square tubing left over from other projects, and it looks like I have enough to build a base for it this weekend. ---Let the fun begin----
    Brian Rupnow

Looking good, put that 4" 'Kurt type' milling vice on it, and you are in business.

Comment

Very nice machine!! enjoy JIM
      jim

Comment

That's a darn sturdy column and table compared to mine - http://grizzly.com/products/G8689. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow
          It looks quite robust for a hobby mill, with a bed that measures 7" x 19.75", and it weighs in at about 300 pounds.

Just wait 'till you see a K&T or Van Norman mill!

That's pretty exciting. Have fun getting everything set up.

Comment

Nice mill. Looking forward to seeing the base you come up with for it.
            Mac

Comment

Having now seen the mill you were talking about in a previous link, I think the recommendation I gave for a 4" griplock style is not a good one. Much better would be the low profile one http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/pictu...2&NTITEM=B2108 . As well it is on sale right now

It is well made and solid. You could mill a key slot in the bottom for quick setups - your first project.

Hope to see photos of the stand when it is finished by this afternoon!

Geoff

(just to the south of you).

Comment

Working...
              X