Sorta OT, alternative use for way oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta OT, alternative use for way oil

I couldn't put it off any longer. I have to trim the holly bushes. YUCK!

Looking for anything to delay the process and stay in the cool confines of the workshop, I decided it was time to tune up the ol' B&D hedgeclipper. I tightened and re-staked the screws and decided to lube the blades. EUREKA! Sliding surfaces, metal to metal contact...let's try WAY OIL.

Man, when the oil creeped into the works, that thing sounded like my ol' 125 motocrosser when it came up on the pipe. Unhh, unhh, ka-WEEEE! I thought the motor was going to over-rev...well, not really but there was a noticeable difference. With any luck, there's also some obscure chemical listed on the Vactra MSDS that has truly sadistic herbicidal properties.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

DICKYBIRD,

psssst...don't tell anybody but another use for way oil is to use it as chainsaw bar oil....

Comment

You guys are bent.
      Cheers Bob

Comment

Sorta OT??

Why not cooking oil? After all, aircraft engines and motor cycle engines were run on castor oil which gives people the sh1ts but that goes for a lot of things.

Comment

Don't piss about Norm.
          Why not get back to the days of steam?
          That heady blend of tallow and whale oil
          Just got my head together
          now my body's falling apart

Comment

'cos I threw out the only saucepan I had that was big enough for boilin' down whales and cows
            Tel

Comment

Then get on with picking hempen oakum for your gland packing

Comment

Nah, me team of orfings do that.
                Tel

Comment

Orfings!
                  is them anyfin like Olivers and Dodgers?

Comment

That's them mate. Must be early where you are, it ain't yet 6 here on the right hand side.
                    Tel

Comment

Way Oil

Actually, I have lived on whale. There by, hangs a tail!
                      Seriously, I was out in Arctic Norway- midwinter with the dogs frozen to the lampposts. I'd missed becoming King of Denmark- she had been there on the previous winter survival course.All quite true, folks.You can't win 'em all.
                      Anyway, we were snow holing and cutting down fir trees to sleep on. I'd been given a paper body bag to put my flea bag inside. The temperature bottomed out at -32F or -32C and we actually ate whale, whale and more whale. It was relieved by Bambi burgers and something incredibly inedible called Fiske- boller. My Norwegian spelling is rough but it was 'cod balls put through a mincer and set with gelatine'

Tallow, me dear chap, is what one puts on saxophones and lead pipes or lead, kindly light.
                      Not necessarily in that order. I think!

Cheers, like Little Audrey and she laughed and laughed until*********
                      Next time

Norm

Comment

Bugger that fer a game Norm!
                        Elsinore, Birnham Wood, WTF! Too bloody cold for me.
                        10°C outside and I'm freezin in here at 22°

Yeah, bit early here Tel. I'm taking a dram to stave off hypothermia.
                        Without giving away too much, which part of the east coast is your habitat?
                        (at least give us a latitude).

Cheers, Lin

Comment

I've only ever been up close to one dead whale - it had stranded itself about 5 miles inland in a tidal creek and had been dead for at least a month - it was well past the eatin' stage, believe me.
                          Tel

Comment

A bit away from the coast mate, Bathurst district - actually about 9 km from Rockley.
                            Tel

Comment

Sorry mate, anythin east of the Alice is east coast to a sandgroper
                              Bathurst is around old diggins, yeah?

Comment

Working...
                              X