booby traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booby traps

I was hiking on the outskirts of Phoenix's South Mountain Park this morning. At the western end the ridges peter out as they run into the plains of the Gila River Indian Reservation. There is on enclave, shown in the photo below, which is city property, but not in the park and not in the rez. There are some old gold mining prospects here, and some derelict shacks maybe sixty years old.

I approached this sign from the other side of it, where it was blank.

I don't hold with guns. But booby traps, if non-injurious, might be fun. Anybody have some designs?

Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

"I don't hold with guns"

Who talks like that?

The only Booby trap I want to know is being trapped between a pair of 38 DD's.

Comment

Man it was/is hot here today, hope you did that hike real early when it was still phx cool out

Comment

Originally posted by mochinist
        Man it was/is hot here today, hope you did that hike real early when it was still phx cool out
        It was 110˚F when I got back to my car. I'm one of the few hot-weather freaks who don't mind this.

I found my limit though, three years ago on South Mountain when it was 119˚F (at the local weather recording station). Even with only 2% relative humidity this takes its toll. I had plenty of water in my CamelBak hydration pack, but lost energy. I sat on a rock and felt myself drifting off to sleep. If I hadn't snapped out of it, I would not have woken up.
        Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by aostling
          I was hiking on the outskirts of Phoenix's South Mountain Park this morning. At the western end the ridges peter out as they run into the plains of the Gila River Indian Reservation. There is on enclave, shown in the photo below, which is city property, but not in the park and not in the rez. There are some old gold mining prospects here, and some derelict shacks maybe sixty years old.

I approached this sign from the other side of it, where it was blank.

I don't hold with guns. But booby traps, if non-injurious, might be fun. Anybody have some designs?

A spring loaded kool-aid concentrate water balloons launcher will dye your hair and body for a long time.

It wont hurt a thing but the target will get color, i could make some evil stuff but I never kill what I dont eat.

A big fat Mexican does not sound like dinner to me. She better be hot..

Comment

Originally posted by aostling
            It was 110˚F when I got back to my car. I'm one of the few hot-weather freaks who don't mind this.

I found my limit though, three years ago on South Mountain when it was 119˚F (at the local weather recording station). Even with only 2% relative humidity this takes its toll. I had plenty of water in my CamelBak hydration pack, but lost energy. I sat on a rock and felt myself drifting off to sleep. If I hadn't snapped out of it, I would not have woken up.
            I used to build houses here in the valley, brutal job during the summer, drink three or four gallons of water plus a gatorade or two when the taco trucks came by the job site and maybe take one leak all day. We would let the new guys take a break when they started puking

Comment

A few more sighs come to mind.What they think is sometimes more fun
              Bond

Comment

I used to build houses here in the valley, brutal job during the summer, drink three or four gallons of water plus a gatorade or two when the taco trucks came by the job site and maybe take one leak all day. We would let the new guys take a break when they started puking
                LOL Thats nutts!! I dont see how you guys do it. There are some roofers laying down some new roof tops on a couple really big new buildings. It was 100 plus and they were laying paper and tar. Talk about hot for them.. JR
                My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Booby Traps

The simplist booby trap is a $1.00 can of spray paint and a blank sign. Most people will heed warning signs.

If one goes to the trouble to make booby traps, they are designed to be injurious. Pit with stakes or rattle snakes, flat board with nails sticking out and covered with sand, trip wire to cause falling, trip wires that causes something to fall, trip wire attached to trip flare, etc. Your are limited by your imagination.

Bill
                  Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Illegal.

Booby traps are per se illegal anywhere in the U.S. Some of the early cases had to do with owners wishing to prevent repeat burglaries. They would use shotguns or rifles that were set up in shops and garages to go off when the door was opened. When people died, heavy charges were brought for these "spring guns" as they were called in the caselaw.

A sign would not be a good idea, either. What good is a booby trap if you tell someone about it beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by gnm109
                      Booby traps are per se illegal anywhere in the U.S. Some of the early cases had to do with owners wishing to prevent repeat burglaries. They would use shotguns or rifles that were set up in shops and garages to go off when the door was opened. When people died, heavy charges were brought for these "spring guns" as they were called in the caselaw.

A sign would not be a good idea, either. What good is a booby trap if you tell someone about it beforehand?

Damn, there goes my headrest.

Comment

You guys ever see that documentary of the guy who tried to hike across death valley? I dont know how many gallons of water he packed --- he went to his mark then turned to go back, made it almost there, ran out of water, sat down to take a break and never got back up ---- they said his blood probably got so think it turned to jello and wouldnt pump, not the mention the 140 degree brain temps --- he video'd the whole thing, well - almost the whole thing Sad thing is Is I guess his suv was in sight from where he died.

Comment

I think a sign can be quite effective.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Cougar - good stuff

This is much more effective!!

Drink it and blow breath at real cougar - then both get stuck into the real Cougar (bottled) stuff. you will have friend for life!!!

http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/spir...ar_bourbon.htm

Couldn't pass up looking at and commenting on the Cougar "Cider" etc. link
                            http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/cider.htm
                            (note the AU = OZ "Fosters" web site at the link - it just HAS to be good!!!

Story went that on wedding night bride was up to her ears in Champagne and Groom was up to his **** in Cider. Seems he was also "booby-trapped" by bride. Seems he was 40, looked 60, told her he was 90!!!!
                            Last edited by oldtiffie; 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I just thought this one up. I'm putting it in my driveway.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X