Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting an Air Compressor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
    I have a very visual imagination, I read it and then within a split second was immediately hit with an image of a slightly older than middle age fella who's starting to gray, he was wearing that shop blue polyester blend shirt and pant, all of his notes for the day and cheap pens along with one of those little steel rulers (with the pocket clips that never seem to hold on to anything) were jossleing around in his top shirt pocket and one by one falling onto the ground,
    She was an extra large but classy old girl, a rare 80 gal. 5hp V-twin single stage 3 legged horizontal with the motor and comp. at the end with the two legs, she was always level - but still a little prone to tipping, one of the air cleaners was removed exposing an oily looking orifice -------- thats when I caught myself - still maybe it went on too long and I shouldnt have even shared this?
    So, Boomer, are you going to send that in to Penthouse?
    Stuart de Haro

    Comment


    • #17
      who woulda thought that some people would have so much fun with such a simple question.

      so i got the compressor running this morning, having it bolted to the pallet and the pallet sitting on the concrete, its pretty noisy. if i stand on the pallet, its a lot quieter, so im looking at adding some form of rubber mat under the pallet. i also picked up a "T" and 2 regulators, but the regulators are garbage, so i need to find something new....

      Comment


      • #18
        Have you tried mounting it permanently? Might help with the noise.
        Cheers, Bob

        Comment


        • #19
          The manufactures need to sell the darn machines with a pallet suitable as a perment mount and add a valve that farts off the water automatically..

          Take all the Lawyers out behind the shop and kick them in the nuts.. they dont know jack $hit.

          Comment


          • #20
            I bleed mine every 2or 3 years when I think about it my get a gallon are 2 of water but never any in the lines that I can tell . .As far as the tank Just stand it on its feet with a shingle tab under each foot it want go any where.
            Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
            http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
            http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

            Comment


            • #21
              my old mini 8-gallon compressor used to sit in the corner of the garage on the pallet that my mill/drill came on!!

              i think if i dont mount it to the floor, and i take it off the pallet, it would tip over, so im gonna try leaving it on there. tomorrow morning i might try throwing a rubber mat under the pallet just to reduce a little noise...

              i also need to see if i can take the regulators back tomorrow morning... i picked up 2 for $12 each, but if i use an air ratchet (as an example) that i want to regulate to 90psi, when the tool is running, the gauge says 90, but when i stop it slowly builds up to 150psi, and the when i use the ratchet again, it has a 150psi burst at the beginning and then goes back down to 90psi. they siad they operate up to 160psi, but it alsmost seems like there is a little bypass that eventually pressurizes the hose to 150... i want to use it for some spray guns and other stuff that needs to be regualted a little more accurately...

              Comment


              • #22
                Sheeted home

                Originally Posted by oldtiffie
                My mind boggled when I read it.
                Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                I have a very visual imagination, I read it and then within a split second was immediately hit with an image of a slightly older than middle age fella who's starting to gray, he was wearing that shop blue polyester blend shirt and pant, all of his notes for the day and cheap pens along with one of those little steel rulers (with the pocket clips that never seem to hold on to anything) were jossleing around in his top shirt pocket and one by one falling onto the ground,
                She was an extra large but classy old girl, a rare 80 gal. 5hp V-twin single stage 3 legged horizontal with the motor and comp. at the end with the two legs, she was always level - but still a little prone to tipping, one of the air cleaners was removed exposing an oily looking orifice -------- thats when I caught myself - still maybe it went on too long and I shouldnt have even shared this?
                Boomer,

                in your concern (lust?) for that air job (compressor?) perhaps this is what you had in mind.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_up_doll

                But what ever you do, don't mess with one with a sheet on from the Middle or Far East - just in case.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by oldtiffie
                  Boomer,

                  in your concern (lust?) for that air job (compressor?) perhaps this is what you had in mind.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_up_doll

                  But what ever you do, don't mess with one with a sheet on from the Middle or Far East - just in case.
                  Join Date: Nov 1999
                  Posts: 1 ...??????

                  oldtiffie has been here posting 1,000's of Wiki links and this dumb software says post=1

                  WTF?

                  vBulletin is a peice of crap, I am a member and licence holder of it on another site and it sucks ass. If the staff cant fix it I can. I bet this site is ready to crash again.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Now ya did it Tiffer, this is what i get for going to your wiki site?


                    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-LeKayRing.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by oldtiffie
                      theres a perfect reason for having a compressor!!!! This is so off topic its funny!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Its "Booming"

                        And which one is you Boomer? - you wish.

                        I can assure you that I'm not there - though I cried a bit (a lot actually) when I saw that link.

                        That will be your eternal punishment if you don't behave - some hope. So get on and don't stop doing your penance (as per your link) until you are told to stop!!!

                        But on the other hand, it is nice to see a man happy in his work. Looks like the wages (of sin??) aren't too bad either.

                        Note the multi-skilling and multi-tasking - just what is needed in this corporatised world.

                        Beats the hell out of running around in circles.

                        A case of "what goes around comes around" I suppose.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bhjones
                          Sorry for the drift in topic, but Bill should be the man to ask about dealing with condensing water in the air system since he's from a humid area.

                          How do you deal with it Bill?
                          I'm not Bill , but I'm in Austin, which is humid as Hell (and hotter than... ! ), and this is how I keep water out of the air lines:



                          Mine's a 3 HP (8 HP "peak" BS) 220V Ingersoll. It's propped-up on 2x4's on top of rubber plumbing pads on a plywood square. The rubber keeps the vibration down. I plumbed a kick lever with a ball valve on the bottom of the tank, and the 2x4's are so I can purge the tank with flick of my toe
                          Last edited by lazlo; 06-25-2008, 02:04 AM.
                          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tattoomike68
                            oldtiffie has been here posting 1,000's of Wiki links and this dumb software says post=1

                            WTF?
                            Someone asked Tiffie that before, and apparently he asks Neil (or George, now) to reset his post count from time to time. I have no idea why.
                            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              hey Lazlo, shouldnt you have some kind of drain at the bottom of each of those pipes so you can drain the moisture out after??

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Dragons_fire
                                hey Lazlo, shouldnt you have some kind of drain at the bottom of each of those pipes so you can drain the moisture out after??
                                Yep, there is. Look at the left elbow junction on the bottom of each section. There's a 90 degree bronze fitting with a purge valve on each one.
                                The condenser coil is upside down on the first picture on the left -- you can see the purge valves there.

                                To be honest, I rarely bother purging at that part of the airline. There's a water trap on the adjoining wall about 8 feet away, and that's where most of the condensate is trapped.
                                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X