Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum switch SB 9

Hi there

My switch (an old motor toggle switch) went for a crap on my SB 9 lathe Only has a standard 110V motor. Where can i find a cheap (used is fine as well) drum switch. Fleabay seems to cost an arm and a leg for these....anyone have one sitiing around I cold buy???or can point me to a good source.??? I would like to use a drum switch as it keeps my SB9 in (kinda) original form.
    Please let me know.
    thanks Matt
    Success is found in "cans"....not "cants"

I purchased a Dayton from Grainger for about $35. The tech line helped me get it wired to the old split phase motor I have on my SB 9" Jr. When I purchased the lathe, the previous owner did not have the motor wired to reverse.

Kurt

Comment

www.mcmaster.com also has them for about $35.00. That may be your idea of expensive -- and at first sight it does seem like a lot for a switch -- but it will last you "forever" and I suggest it's probably worth getting a new one rather than taking a chance on an unknown used one.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Actually $35 is a good price. Dont mind paying that at all
        Some of the others on ebay (must be the rating of the switch) go for hundreds of dollars. Buy it now .. for $299...gulp!
        I will check out McMaster

thanks
        Success is found in "cans"....not "cants"

Comment

McMaster has some of those gold-plated ones too, but for home shop use one of the $35 jobs ought to be fine.
          ----------
          There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
          Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by SGW
            McMaster has some of those gold-plated ones too, but for home shop use one of the $35 jobs ought to be fine.
            SGW,

I've never seen one of those "expensive" ones! Do you have a link to one so I can see what makes it so valuable?

Thanks...

Comment

Here is a sample:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Square-D-reversa...3286.m20.l1116

ONLY $275.00 Buy-IT-NOW! ...AND THERE ARE 2 AVAILABLE AS I WRITE THIS!

Comment

Look at page 854 at www.mcmaster.com

The expensive ones are NEMA enclosures, watertight for outdoor use.
                ----------

Comment

When you get the switch xerox the wiring diagram that comes with it. It has the directions for reversing a single phase motor and also how to wire the switch for three phase.

Comment

Working...
                  X