what to put in the blank badge area on enco mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MickeyD
    My vote is for something useful like a laminated tap drill chart.
    Or a speeds and feeds chart.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by miker
      Biax Third Moon Flaking! Just don't push too hard.
      Then you can sell it on Ebay if you have to.
      Hey, if you want to buy a 50 year-old Bridgeport with factory-fresh flaking on the knee, by all means please let us know how it works out!
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Serious now!!

Ok, Two little taps Marked Coffee and Cream with a Gloria Jean's label. One big mother of a coffee maker.

Rgds
        Michael

Australia

Comment

A door?

Great stuff Michael.

When I was in the Navy (RAN) I had a sailor working for me that had several tattoos - some which needed covering up in "polite company" - others not.

We used to wear just shorts and sandals in the tropics.

On his chest he had two tattoos. Above his right breast was "Sweet" and above his left was "Sour".

But the "kicker" was on his feet (sorry - intended pun) to catch them who were embarrassed and looked down at his feet.

On his right foot (lettered to face the reader) was "My Foot" and on his left foot was "My other foot".

He was not a bad Machinist and Fitter either.

Perhaps the said mill head could have had the "blank" (where the label was?) made into a door with a cosmetics cabinet and mirror installed as some might finf it quite useful.

Comment

A good scrape.

Originally posted by miker
            Biax Third Moon Flaking! Just don't push too hard.
            Then you can sell it on Ebay if you have to.
            Originally posted by lazlo
            Hey, if you want to buy a 50 year-old Bridgeport with factory-fresh flaking on the knee, by all means please let us know how it works out!
            Too easy!!

Most scraping I've seem machinists doing is scratching their ar*es which are probably in need of a careening.

I live about 5Km from the sea here and there are several hard beaches.

I'd just take that mill on a trailer, float it, moor it over a hard beach at high tide, prop it up with sticks and scrape the weed and barnacles off as the tide went down, repair and re-caulk as the tide was out and re-paint it with copper-base anti-fouling paint as the tide came in. Repeat on other side at next tide and then either take home or better yet put the boat back on its moorings so that the tide can get rid of the oil, grease paint-thinners and empty copper paint tins - all too easy!!!

Its called "careening".
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Careening
            http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

Works great for scraping a boat - can't see why you couldn't get a good patterned scraped finish on the mill or machine the same way.

Salt and saline solutions have been used as preservatives since the year dot.

Is that how you are going to scrape and preserve your mill Michael?

I would.

I'd probably careen myself as well - but I'm not so sure of the re-caulking and anti-fouling paint though!! Perhaps if there were more than one we'd careen each other?

No surprises there - is there??

Comment

JD

The comment about a John Deere mill is rather appropriate- I have 3 of 'em. Here is the mill still on my trailer with my 1950 A in the background:

Comment

Badge DONE by the Copperetta for a joke for a friend.. SHE is doing some signage for a company right now. The girl has some talent.. or perhaps one of her flower stands?
                Last edited by Dawai; 07-13-2008, 10:23 AM.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I know your pain. Little toolbox came with two rivit holes where tag should have been. Had been listening to John Prine and stole his record lable.

Or if you really have class...

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    A pair of eyeballs ?

That's what it looked like it was missing to me

Originally posted by bruto
                    I thought the same thing but you beat me to it.

Not just any eyes, but

Andy

Comment

BRIDGEPORT

LOL Just kidding but if you had yer other CNC machine make that tag it would throw alot of folks for a loop.

I like the white board idea (kinda too plain though) or the feeds and speeds chart..

Dunno? Anything could fit.. I guess I really DO like the Bridgeport tag there. Lemme plasma cut mine off for you Glue it on... JR
                      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

a faux Bridgeport tag would look cool, but I'd feel dirty every time I look at it.

The best thing would be one of those knock offs of a brand name where the use the same font and slightly alter the name- like Bridgepoot, or Badgeport. I know- "Bigfoot" in the bridgeport logo.

My VFD lets you hook up remote start/stop buttons, speed knob and digital display- that would be preetty cool to have right on the milling head there.

I hope I'm not burning too much bandwidth with trivial concerns...

Comment

"Dear John ....................... "

As its a John Deere mill and some have suggested lettering, why not a "Dear John" letter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_John_letter

Comment

How about the word Bridgeport in Chinese.

Comment

Chipslinger,

You mean "Blidgeport"?

Ian
                              All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

This is generating so many good suggestions that I'm almost tempted to take the name plate off of my Enco and make up a "Blidgeport" or similar plate!

David
                                Montezuma, IA
                                David Kaiser
                                “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
                                ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                                X