what to put in the blank badge area on enco mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the winner is..

Oooh- I think a "Blidgeport" tag has got to be the winner. I'd copy the Bridgeport logo and replace the r with an l. That would be tooo funny. Folks visiting the shop would do a double take!

That being said, if you remove your enco tag 38cal, send it to me!

Comment

Better yet, "Bilgeport"
      Russ
      Master Floor Sweeper

Comment

Originally posted by ironhoarder
        The best thing would be one of those knock offs of a brand name where the use the same font and slightly alter the name- like Bridgepoot, or Badgeport. I know- "Bigfoot" in the bridgeport logo.
        Absolutely hilarious

Got to be one of these.

Salesman speaking to Homer Simpson in the TV shop... "Its a genuine Panaphonics Sir, or howsabout a Sorny?"

Brilliant, I like the 'Bilgeport' idea as well, worth getting a non-BP just to badge-up like that

Dave
        If it does'nt fit, hit it.
        https://ddmetalproducts.co.uk
        http://www.davekearley.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ironhoarder
          Oooh- I think a "Blidgeport" tag has got to be the winner. I'd copy the Bridgeport logo and replace the r with an l. That would be tooo funny. Folks visiting the shop would do a double take!

That being said, if you remove your enco tag 38cal, send it to me!
          Prolly wouldn't fit...my mill is flat where the plate goes, yours is rounded.

David
          Montezuma, IA
          David Kaiser
          “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
          ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I would either find an old scripted STUDEBAKER emblem or an old skool Craftsman
            logo. talk about confusing someone. But my favorite so far is the bilgeport.
            Robert
            it's nice to be back
            grumpy old fart
            www.wirewerkes.com

Comment

if it was in my part of the country i would put pontporth on it..that would be welsh for bridgeport .

all the best.mark

Comment

Hi, I have a CNC vinyl cutter and would be happy to make a sticker or paint mask for whatever name you decide on. I've been trying to put it to good use...or funny use. How about Sherline?

Comment

Originally posted by DaHui
                  Hi, I have a CNC vinyl cutter and would be happy to make a sticker or paint mask for whatever name you decide on. I've been trying to put it to good use...or funny use. How about Sherline?
                  Hey- thanks for the offer- I may take you up on that!

What sort of file would you need? DXF? I can draw up the logo in a vector program like Adobe Illustrator (I'd need to use bezier curves).

So, I guess the thing would be to first cut a strip with the rounded ends that fits in the recess. Then another that has the lettering that would adhere on top. Or, what would you suggest?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, got distracted. Any vector format should be fine.

As far as the application of the sticker it depends on if you want a decal or a paint mask. I might just cut a strip of aluminum that will fit into the opening and then just apply the sticker to that. If you want a paint mask you would just use the "negative" portion of the vinyl cutout (most likely).

If you can give me dimensions on the opening I could just mail you the sticker and you can apply it however you want. If you want the choice of positive or negative I can cut out the sticker and include sheet of transfer paper. You just pick away the part of the sticker you don't want to use, apply the transfer paper and peel of the backing to expose the adhesive and stick it.

Comment

Borrowed from MetalMeet

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

I suggest that you put an ENCO name tag in the place where the ENCO name tag goes. Well, why not, no one else suggested that. After all, it is an ENCO.

I know, I know, then people would suspect you of having a cheap Mainland Chinese product in your shop. I don't know the difference but I guess someone else would know.

Comment

Originally posted by gnm109
                          I suggest that you put an ENCO name tag in the place where the ENCO name tag goes. Well, why not, no one else suggested that. After all, it is an ENCO.

I know, I know, then people would suspect you of having a cheap Mainland Chinese product in your shop. I don't know the difference but I guess someone else would know.

Golly, I guess we don't think INSIDE the Box, like you.

Comment

When in doubt ...go for funny!!

"BLIDGEPORT" In small text on the bottom:
                            "Made no where near Here!"

Comment

Great Wall Silk Flower and Tractor Factory

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Night soil???

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                                Great Wall Silk Flower and Tractor Factory

Farm machinery? Loved it John!!!

Some may associate it with the "night soil" they use as fertiliser (applied by hand) to their excellent crops. At least they mastered the "$hit in - quality out" conundrum - as did the Japanese - a true "recycle" and "waste not -want not" practice and philosophy.

What about the "Lucky" or "Fukung/Fuking"? brands - were quite common tool names/brands when I was in the Far East - seem appropriate too?

Comment

Working...
                                X