No announcement yet.

Why my projects have been a bit scarce.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my projects have been a bit scarce.

Well us Brits have been here for over 2,000 years, we have a history and are proud of it.
    We also have kept a lot of it because we like permanent.

I have been tied up with jobs for Ower Gert, SHMBO, holder of the ration book and pay pal account etc etc, you get the gist.

So Gert wants outside tidying up which includes shifting about 19 tonnes of old CNC's [ No problem scrap is high ] and sorting the yard and paths out where we have had new drains laid [ glad to know someone can get laid ] and mismatched steps etc.

Perhaps some can remember this photo from last year ?

Twenty Nine tonnes of York Paving, one whole 44 Tonne gross artic load.

As I say we like permanency, shingles to us is a skin disease, sidings are where you park your locomotive at night a deck is a pack of cards, wood is what you get from Ikea .

THIS IS A PATIO.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

uhm not that i wanna be picky or anything but.... i only see two blue arrows

Comment

Five 9" diamond wheels, 14 tonnes of sharp sand, 22 bags of cement and god knows how many bottles of cider and the end is in sight.

Won't have to paint it, doesn't need treating for rot,------- permanent.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Any true concern for your fellow man you'd have hired Charlie Dimmock and shared THOSE piccies!
        Len

Comment

So that's why you weren't at the Bristol Model Engineering exhibition today? I was looking to borrow some money off you so I could relieve the Camden Books stall of some heavy books

Comment

ack thats a ton of work, looks good though! and a nice stable solid ground for placing more pallets of machines?

Comment

A Summers Day!

I can see it now!!

Sitting out there in your Souwester, Oilskins, Wellies and Thermal Underwear. Hurricane Lamp blazing. (Midday).
              Enjoying a Cold Pork Pie, washed down with a warm Lager or two.
              Makes it all worthwhile. Enjoy.

Rgds
              Last edited by miker; 08-16-2008, 06:19 PM.
              Michael

Australia

Comment

A grand and fitting grounds for Castle Sudspumpwater.
                Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Looks fantastic John. I bricked my walks and patio.Lots of work but it is holding up great.Like the patterns you incorporated in your layout.I always do things the hard way too.. : )

Comment

Very nice but where is the brick BBQ?????
                    Precision takes time.

Comment

Looks good,now that you have laid plenty did you get plenty laid?
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Nice! Very nice.

Comment

You missed a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by vinito

You missed a spot.

Lot's of spots, you can still see that dreaded GREEN stuff growing.

regards radish

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer
                              Very nice but where is the brick BBQ?????
                              Post 3, picture 3, at the end of the wall with the railings on, the bit that's set back.
                              Hard to see from this shot as my mortar board is stood in front of it.

That bit has been done a while, it's built in and stays there all the while. The outside is made from 3/16" stainless steel with a removable stainless grill and mesh top.
                              Probably a bit over kill but the first one made from an old forecourt battery display rack rusted away in about 2 years.

Probably the engineering mind at work to achieve the best.

That mortar board: every one else uses a slab of plywood, mine is a 30" square of PTFE

Comment

Working...
                              X