Dang heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang heat

Sorry to anyone trying to see any of the pics I have posted. The air conditioning in my shop where my servers are has failed and my servers are overheating and crashing. This morning at 7:00 am it is 80F in my shop and probably was up to 95 yesterday eve. I have thrown a couple more fans on the servers and underclocked them so maybe they will stay running.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Evan:
    None of our computers ever fail due to heat. In fact they run only a few degrees above ambient (76* max), We use AMD CPU's, Alpha PAL8045T Heat sinks w/7.5K rpm fans on the CU/Al HS, and Arctic silver. We also use the nice Lian Li Aluminum cases and Enermax PSB's (450-650W). But then, it does sound like a wind tunnel on my desk! I like it, reminds me of the good 'ol days of super mini's. We have 13 active ports on our switch here in the house - zero fatalities (cable modem died once though).

I am still trying to figure out how to keep cat hair out of them - the new furnace/Central AC we installed helps, but I still need to laser vac them once a month - and you thought you had problems....

Comment

Local shop bought a new cnc turrent punch last year,the thing kept overheating because of a hot shop,well they got tired of it and made a new back panel for the control with a a/c window unit in it,simple but very effective
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

WOW!!! Welcome back, Thrud!!!

------------------

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrud:
          I am still trying to figure out how to keep cat hair out of them - the new furnace/Central AC we installed helps, but I still need to laser vac them once a month - and you thought you had problems.... [/B]</font>
          Thrud,
          Welcome back! Try poly-pad type nonwoven polyester filter media. Buy it by the roll, cut it to size and velcro it in place. (Hook side self-adhesive velcro on box around air intake and pop poly-pad onto velcro.) When poly pad looks like kitty time to change media... That or build a kitty kat kannon... I can hear it now:
          BOOOM!MMEEEEOOOOOoowwwwwwww...www...w..splat!

[This message has been edited by nitacboss (edited 07-13-2003).]

Comment

Working...
          X