Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I don't know what I'm thinkin....
    Tomorrow I'm going to drive my old mud rail. I got "invited"...he can run the car twice..with a different driver...he picked me.
    OK...When I raced this thing... it had 2000 hp maxed right out.. I seldom ran it like that.
    This guy.. has a rich Daddy...the motor he put in it makes near 3000 hp.
    Ya.. I'm pretty nervous..tromp on the pedal....3000 hp!!!!
    Hopin i see you all tomorrow nite!!!!

Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Russ,

Good Luck,
    Hope you have picts of the results.

Comment

SWEET!!! All the best for you. Oh, not so much for winning anything, just to get out without any broke parts, the car and YOU LOL Good luck Russ and have fun!!!!!! JR
      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Good Luck Torker. What a great opportunity.

Tom M.

Comment

Have fun playing in the mud!
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Russ: Don't forget to wash it when you re dine! Gary P. Hansen
            In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Pics please

Best of luck Russ.

I sure do hope your ribs and back stand up to it.

Let's see the pics!!!

Comment

Could you zoom in on the lady above the blower please.
                good luck by the way.

Comment

This guy.. has a rich Daddy...the motor he put in it makes near 3000 hp.

My spider sense is telling me; no good can come of this.

Best of luck, Torker.

Comment

Ok... got my firesuit and all my other stuff together...then tiffie and the missus won out. I'm thinking it's still a bit early to be strapping myself into something that violent. Prolly not the best thing for (still) broken ribs. The one that's wanting to poke a hole in my liver won out...
                    And I guess MY spider sense
                    Sorry for all the hoopla... but there's another race in two weeks...he says I can drive at that one instead!!
                    Russ
                    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

All i know is that superchargers gonna suck up allot of dirt when that pig goes sticky side up

Comment

Where is the Mud Bog racing happening Russ?

I'm guessing that these machines don't operate via traction. Instead it's probably a lot more like a rocket engine in which the mass propelled out the back causes an equal and opposite reaction.
                        Last edited by Evan; 08-23-2008, 10:42 AM.
                        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan - I've never seen a "mud rail" but that is how tractor pulls work. They get a "tractor" that runs a special mix of fuels and when it takes off, it sounds like a jet engine. I think you could ride ontop of the stream of smoke blowing out of the smoke-stack its so thick and black. I'm sure its great for the enviroment

Anyway, they spin the tires super fast and try to throw as much dirt behind them as possible to dig their way forward just by conservation of momentum. They don't go very far though, about 310 feet before they generally stop moving...

Comment

Yeah, but for that 310 feet, it is hard to imagine. The National Tractor Pulls were just down the road last weekend. Take a half dozen BB Chevies, blown Hemis or three or four Allison V12's, hang them on an old John Deere chassis and turn them loose;

http://www.pulltown.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=702
                            Jim H.

Comment

That.s no lady that's John Stevenson with a new wigAlistair
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X