This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Nausea over Denver, non-OT finale

I'm hearing all sorts of things that are going to be handed out to America from the back of a truck but not one word about how any of it will be financed other than taking from the rich and giving to the poor. What's going to happen is that half of the rich will retire, shutter their businesses, etc. and the other half will become poor

Not one clue among any of those whose mouths spout their empty promises. It seems that the same may hold true for half of the country. Hopefully November will show that there is still some common sense left.

What does this have to do with machining? Plenty as there is a very real long term risk that everything you like to do could be regulated, taxed or prohibited. And, if you should become successful at what you do, you will pay even more than ever, ending up with less than ever.

There is a very real danger that life and freedom as we know it will be seriously challenged ... from within. It's funny (or not) that after 9/11 Bin Laden said we would choke ourselves. We seem to be making progress in that direction. Hopefully it can be reversed.

Originally posted by nheng

There is a very real danger that life and freedom as we know it will be seriously challenged ... from within.
    Sadly I believe that is the goal of those who are actually in control of the government.
    Isn’t it strange that out of all the millions of people in this country that these candidates are the best our major parties can give us?

Comment

Taxing the rich wont help folks get a job, I dont know about you guys but the poor folks never gave me a job.

I wish we could fire every last one of the politicians in washington DC, and start over. make those lazy peices of crap get a real job for once.

Comment

And put them (and all Federal employees) on Social (in)Security, like the rest of us. No more full pay for life after one term! Guaranteed that the system would be fixed asap!

David
        Montezuma, IA
        David Kaiser
        “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
        ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Its going to get even worse in about a week, all with a bad track record to boot, not that im taking sides or "proud" of one over the other,
          Sad that every time its an election year you hear most people say their voting for the least "evil"
          I hear many people say we have the best system around too, I believe we once did, but I dont think this is what our forefathers spilled their blood for --- it has eroded into crap...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
            Its going to get even worse in about a week, all with a bad track record to boot
            LOL, just wade right in AK!
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Here we go. My propaganda is better than yours. Hurricaines of lies and nonsence are blasting forth fron Denver now; in only a week, more lies and nonsense will blast from Minniapolis. No party has a lock on truth in politics, posing the best qualified candidates, or serving the best interests of America. The bed you can do at present is cull what reliable news you can from the existing media and vote against the worst candidates.

If you want good government you can't sit around repeating oversimplifications and sound bites, badmouthing all who disagree with you, and failing to be critical of those whose words please you most. You have to involve yourself in local politics to the exxtent practical, analyze the issues from original sources where possible, and above all insist that elected officcials represent all the people and not just thaose that put them into office.

You want better government? Vote for the individual best suited for the office not the propaganda that would place him there.

Politics are refuges for scoundrels and opportunits scouting for personal advantage and they infest BOTH parties. If you think you own party doesn't lie to you, you're not only a fool but a hazard to the coming generation.

Comment

Large bottle

A very large bottle of tranquilizers just for moments like tonight. They prescribed three a day, well three a day makes me near comatose.

Hillary? Hillary.. the goofy guy standing next to her looked like he was right out of a looney bin.. Unreal..

The Rifleman on tonight? Lucas McCain for president. Washington needs a enema. Next election, watch out for the terminator.
                Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Addy
                    If you want good government you can't sit around repeating oversimplifications and sound bites, badmouthing all who disagree with you, and failing to be critical of those whose words please you most.
                    Words of Wisdom.
                    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Addy
                      Politics are refuges for scoundrels and opportunists scouting for personal advantage and they infest BOTH parties. If you think you own party doesn't lie to you, you're not only a fool but a hazard to the coming generation.
                      Amen, brother.
                      Todd

Comment

Politics reminds me of this:

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
                          Politics reminds me of this:

Women in bikinis fighting in a mudbath?
                          Not sure that I'm on the same wavelength as you Evan.

Comment

I think the point is that it's a circus act of mudslinging that doesn't accomplish anything. Except entertainment maybe.

-Matt

Comment

I also like this quote from President Regan:

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
                              Ronald Reagan
                              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X