Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay now charges by the month FOR MEMBERSHIP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay now charges by the month FOR MEMBERSHIP!!!

Just got an invoice ...

ebay now charges you a monthly fee.

just because they can ...for your pleasure in being a member

not much £0.01...

now lets see how this new fee will grow over the months.

i can just see it now..

first hike

2009 ebay launches the new buying experience ...

thier comment

"this is great value at only £0.05 a month"
    ..weather you like it or not

feb 2009 ..........new seller experience added to the buyer one ...

then.... £0.10 a month ......and on and on ...and on .

all the best.markj

Is this for buyers or sellers?

Comment

IVE NO IDEA ...

its only just started ...with no explaination

this is not a spoof ...its in my account ...ive checked ...and the invoice is in my ebay messages

Invoice Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear mark jones (markepsilon),

Your monthly eBay invoice for the period August 16, 2008 to September 15, 2008 is now available to view online.

Amount Due: £0.01

.................................................. ................................................

it's just another new rate they can hike up over the coming months ...years ......
      to keep the share holders happy ...ebay has to grow in income .

or an ebay trick that has you charged 0.50 for paying 0.01

all the best.markj

Comment

No sign of it on my latest invoice for the same time period. Do you have an inactive seller account?
        Jim H.

Comment

the last item i sold, finished on the 18th August

all the best.markj

Comment

Yes I noticed the message "invoice waiting" but i haven't opened it. I've stopped buying/selling on Ebone about 1 1/2 months ago.

If that is case I'll be closing both Ebay and PayPal acounts immediately and desputing any charges

- on edit -

Just checked and it says "Balance Due $0.00"

Do you have any other information suggesting they are going to charge "membership fees"
            Last edited by JoeFin; 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I received an invoice from ebay a few days ago informing me I owed them a grand total of £0.00, last time I sold something on there was last month. They are introducing alot of changes and I dont like it! I also hate it when I search for something, and it comes up with 'Best match' how the f$&k do they know what im looking for? I know you can change it , but it always ends up going back to my 'best match' when I log out and back in. I find myself spending less time on there now.

KB

Comment

Originally posted by kbattenbough
                ! I also hate it when I search for something, and it comes up with 'Best match' how the f$&k do they know what im looking for? I know you can change it , but it always ends up going back to my 'best match' when I log out and back in. I find myself spending less time on there now.

KB
                LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEARCH PAGE ...IN SMALL PRINT amongst a paragraph ARE THE WORDS "OPT OUT"

this returns it to the old search method

al;l the best.markj

Comment

Another kick from ebay

What I just discovered at ebay pzzzed me off to no end. Seems if you look at your listing while not being logged in. Your ad is crammed to the left and a host of other sellers crap is pasted to the right... with a note other items you may like or some such verbiage. This cramming distorts your ad ( while mine any ways) and makes it all jumbled up. I sent them a scathing letter that will most likely result in nothing. How I wish another sight would come out and kick them in the wallet. Now would be a great time with the economy making the last few whirls around the dumper, people could use a site like ebay use to be back in the day. Hey Bill Gates step up to the plate... or how about you Sir Richard.

So go take a look at your listing and send them a note about how pleased you are to be paying to display other sellers items on you listing page. Oh and it seem to be store crap on my listing... nice ay.
                  Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer
                    . Hey Bill Gates step up to the plate... .
                    I'll pass on that, yeah sure it'll be pretty colours, but it'll be slow as hell and you'll have to constantly restart your auction

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                      I'll pass on that, yeah sure it'll be pretty colours, but it'll be slow as hell and you'll have to constantly restart your auction
                      Most likely but at this point I'm sure many would be happy with a chioce. I know I would.
                      Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

It's just legalized theft.

With the number of people using Ebay and that's increasing dramatically all the time, charging a couple of cents a month from each person generates a huge amount of income for doing absolutely nothing. The accountants have taken over, they no that most people won't quit over a few cents or even dollars/euros/quid etc. It's the perfect crime.

And people complain about oil companies being crooked.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Ive not been charged as far as I can tell....

Dave
                          Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
                            If only Jeff Bezos would be interested

Clutch

Comment

I suggest looking at the fees in your My eBay account. It itemizes all fees and identifies them. Is it actually spelled out as membership fee?

I have no such item in my last several invoices.
                              Jim H.

Comment

Working...
                              X